Sticky Speedo needle

General Biker Banter
JCR

Sticky Speedo needle

Post by JCR »

Hi Guys I’m having a bit of an issue recently with my speedo needle sticking on my 97 storm. It will stick sometimes when accelerating for a second or so then Suddenly jump up to the speed you are actually doing. I haven’t looked at it in anyway yet but before I did I was just wondering if this is a common problem and something easily fixed like a simple poor connection that just wants cleaning up or something along those lines or whether it’s a more complicated issue with the actual unit itself. I do have a Speedo healer to compensate for running a 43 teeth sprocket but I’ve not had any issues until now but it’s becoming really annoying now and Just wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction to save a bit of time.

Thanks everyone :thumbup:
MacV2

Re: Sticky Speedo needle

Post by MacV2 »

Possile the speedo sensor is giving up the ghost...

I'd start by disconecting the speedo healer first to eliminate that...

If that makes no diffrence, reconect then look at the speedo sensor itself.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
JCR

Post by JCR »

Thanks buddy appreciate that, I have recently replaced the subframe so I did have the Speedo healer off as it’s under the seat but I’m sure I remember it playing up last year a bit before I changed the subframe but I will go through the checks you suggested. I was just wondering though if this was a common problem on the early storms.

Thanks once again for your time
Jon
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

JCR wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:39 pm Thanks buddy appreciate that, I have recently replaced the subframe so I did have the Speedo healer off as it’s under the seat but I’m sure I remember it playing up last year a bit before I changed the subframe but I will go through the checks you suggested. I was just wondering though if this was a common problem on the early storms.

Thanks once again for your time
Jon
Not that I'm aware of... Speedo sensor issues I have heard but thats complete failurenot intermitant...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...