Suspension Experiences?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Fenix

Suspension Experiences?

Post by Fenix »

Hi guys!

Im on the cusp of ordering in some suspension fixes for my bike, but here are a few options. I was all sorted and prepared going down the Ohlins road but apparently i can only source fork springs for it....

Locally they are telling me about Wilbers and YSS springs as well as the same in rear shocks but ive also come across Nitron.

Im about 76Kgs - 188cms tall.

Im thinking about Ohlins front fork springs to suit and a Nitron rear shock.

Does anybody else have any other suggestions? Any experience with the other brands?

Cheers
MacV2

Re: Suspension Experiences?

Post by MacV2 »

Get the forks done by Roger @Revolution Racing & a Nitron is a good fix...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

I can back up what Mac said.
Rodger modified forks make a huge difference, it has taken me a long time with my transplanted Aprilia RSV4 USD forks to get back to the feeling I had with the Rodger forks.
And I have had 2 nitron shocks and rate them higher than the Ohlins. infact I sold my 1st Nitron because I had got hold of an Ohlins, I got the ohlins fully serviced and new spring for my weight, but it still wasnt as good as the Nitron was, so I sold it and got another Nitron!.
AMcQ
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

I had a blade front end (not upside down) and a Nitron. I use to crap myself every time going over the ripples on the exit of Charlies 2 at Cadwell with standard storm suspension. Completely dialed out with the mods even though the front was still a bit soft.

I think the Nitron may even be the AMCQ mentioned, as i sold it separately to the storm. I also have a Nitron on my CBR600 track bike and happy with that too
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

StuartWags wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:24 pm I think the Nitron may even be the AMCQ mentioned, as i sold it separately to the storm.
yes my 2nd Nitron was the one I bought off your Stuart :thumbup:
AMcQ
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Fenix is based in Australia so I guess there must be suspension experts available over there who would be more cost effective. Try sending Kenmoore a PM, as I remember he’s done a fair amount to his Storm, including suspension.
I’ve used ktec who are based over here for weight rated springs, but as I said there’s probably someone more loca to you.
Good luck
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Fenix

Post by Fenix »

Hi guys!

Yeah I'm sorry about not mentioning I'm in Australia.

I've been searching and asking around but have yet to find a place that knows the storm inside n out.

Rito, so I have decided on a Nitron shock then.

Last is to work out if someone can tweak and modify these front forks, if not, some ohlins springs and fresh oil
popkat

Post by popkat »

Ohlins or k tech springs, I’d say 0.85kg for your weight and use 10weight oil with a 140mm air gap, this will be a huge improvement over stock.
Set you forks 6-8mm further through the yokes and set static sag to 27-28mm. If you don’t drop the front lower the springs will have caused the front to be higher than it was.
With the Nitron rear shock you can adjust the length, you can go until it just nearly touches the linkage, the ride height raise will help the bike no end. But don’t go past the recommended thread length on the shock.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s