fairing

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sammy347

fairing

Post by sammy347 »

hi my right hand side fairing is cracked, i was going to staple the inside, is it hard to remove, does all the front fairing have to come off. tia sammy
tony.mon

Re: fairing

Post by tony.mon »

I find it easier to remove the front and both sides together, there's enough stretch to take it over the brackets, but put a cloth over the top brackets to prevent scratching the fairing paint. If you use an old sweatshirt on the tank the sleeves slip over the brackets nicely. Place a cloth on the front mudguard as you will need to rest the front section onto the mudguard while you disconnect the sidelight connector and indicators.

Lastly, make sure you have somewhere to put it down before removing it.

Then you can separate the three sections if you wish.
Last edited by tony.mon on Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sammy347

Post by sammy347 »

cheers tony, i,ll give it a go so while i have you do you know if i can put a chain guard on there is a hugger on the bike already is it either one oe the other, cheers
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sammy347 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:33 pm cheers tony, i,ll give it a go so while i have you do you know if i can put a chain guard on there is a hugger on the bike already is it either one oe the other, cheers
Depends on the hugger. Some of then dont need one, some you put the OEM guard over the top.

Just see if it fits.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sammy347

Post by sammy347 »

thanks tony