swing arm

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
ballisticbanana

swing arm

Post by ballisticbanana »

Hi all
I have recently purchased a cosmetically challenged 97 VTR with the intention of putting it back to stock or as close as I can get reasonably get.The
seat frame was a bit of a mess so I have stripped it out & had it powder coated its come back & now has set the bar rather high as it looks so good .So I an going to have to try & make the rest of the bike do it justice ,having started from the back of the bike the next bit to tackle is the swing arm ,all removed & cleaned but not good enough .So my question is what options do i have to return it to is former glory ? i'm not sure powder coating is the way to go ! also I had a VTR many moons ago that had the frame ,swing arm polished that was bit of a nightmare to keep looking is best so am wondering if there is an alternative ?
mjvw

Re: swing arm

Post by mjvw »

Just had mine powder coated satin black and like it, getting the spare one polished at some point, the only downside to powder coating was removing all the bearings for prep, when returned I renewed the bearings so extra cost.
Could wrap the smooth section?
Storming About :thumbup:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Find a replacment in better condition... All year the same so later ones will fit. Always on ebay.
Then you have a choice, fit the better one & play around with finishes on the old one.
Rub down & clean up/paint/ polish/PC...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

The only other option of not having to keep on top of polishing bare alloy is to lacquer it once it's been polished. Okay it takes away some of the shine, but in my opinion still looks pretty good,

Chris.