FireStorm 25th anniversary?

General Biker Banter
cheekykev

FireStorm 25th anniversary?

Post by cheekykev »

Hi all, has you're all probably aware, this year is 25 years since the first Firestorm rolled off the production lines into the dealers.
Does anyone know of a plan to celebrate the anniversary ?
If no-one is doing one, maybe it'll be left up to us to sort it.
Just a thought.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
MacV2

Re: FireStorm 25th anniversary?

Post by MacV2 »

cheekykev wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:45 pm Hi all, has you're all probably aware, this year is 25 years since the first Firestorm rolled off the production lines into the dealers.
Does anyone know of a plan to celebrate the anniversary ?
If no-one is doing one, maybe it'll be left up to us to sort it.
Just a thought.
Its been noted on the FaceBarf page... Nish to do with me this time. Some one has taken over the old 20th anni page & is using that as the 25th anni...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1083998341705566

Date & location yet to be sorted, it's in very early stages.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

As I don't do Facebook, can you keep us updated if anything gets off the ground ? :thumbup:
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:53 pm As I don't do Facebook, can you keep us updated if anything gets off the ground ? :thumbup:

Of course I will Al.

So far there all sorts of sugestions of basing it around a track day or getting entertainment in.

I have pointed out the cost implications in both those ideas.

The favorite phrase on FB seems to be..''I'm after a (insert expensive part/rare unobtium bit here) I'm on a budget... ect ect.

So I doubt you'd have many turn up if theres a cost involved..Hahahaha
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Very true. Any of the people who say they are interested could have easily turned up on an existing meet, but most don't bother.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
cheekykev

Post by cheekykev »

Yeah, the more it costs the less will turn up, Well in my opinion, for what it's worth.
We just need a large car park with some sort of refreshments on hand, in a central, easy to get to location, say something like Darley Moore club circuit.
I'm sure the organisers would help us put a show on.
Or If all else fails, maybe do it like the 20th, and arrange to do it at the National motorcycle museum.
Like what you do
Do what you like
He who wonders isn't always lost
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

tony.mon wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:01 am Very true. Any of the people who say they are interested could have easily turned up on an existing meet, but most don't bother.
That was because it was raining.Although i wont be attending (because i have given up motorcycling because of my 75 years on this planet) the Motorcycle Museum was the ideal place in my opinion.Central to almost everybody and refreshments available with a big car park,plus a look round the museum for those were interested.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Sounds like a good call Alan :thumbup: :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Roger Ditchfield

Post by Roger Ditchfield »

The 20th anniversary at the National Motorcycle Museum was a great success. Good access and good facilities. A poll of owners intending to support the 25th event would be worthwhile as a number of long term owners no longer own VTRs.
TaxiDriver

Post by TaxiDriver »

Another vote for Darley Moor.................about as far as I can ride these days...
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Contacted the NMM today re a meet...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MuseumEnquires@thenmm.co.uk
Mon, 10 Jan at 12:43
Hello NMM,

Back on July 15th 2017 you hosted the 20th Anninversary Honda VTR Firestome meet.

Well 5 years on & it's the 25th Anniversary of the VTR coming to the UK.

Interest has been peaked on VTR1000.org forum & The Firestorm owners Facebook page.

So far no one has put their hands up to organise anything, so I thought I'd contact you to kick things off.

So would you guys be up for a follow up this year ?

I'd suggest a date around the same mid June spot, the dates I'd be looking at July 9th or 10th. Or July 16th or 17 ?

If any of these dates are available I.E. don't clash with anything already planned by you, would you be able to accommodate another gathering of Storms ?

Last time we gathered in the unpaved area around the back of the building. With the rain on the day putting some off we ended up with 30 Storms + a few ex Stormers on other bikes.

I'm sure the numbers interested would be higher this time around but is there any issue with numbers re Covid restictions ?

Last time we arranged a small discount for entry to the Museum but given the loss of funds due to the pandemic I personaly wouldn't be seeking that this time as I'm sure the Museum could do with the funds. Also can you confirm if the on site cafe is still open for business.

I'm hoping you can accommodate again but understand if it's not feasible to give a firm answer what with Covid restrictions as they stand. Hopefully though that won't be the case in July.

Thanks M.G.Macdonald.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Added this on FB as an after thought...
So the dates...
The last one was on the 15th July which was a Saturday.
The dates I've put as a ? in the email are Sat or Sun, over two weekends.
Obviously it will only be one day, once the date is confirmed it will be final with no leeway as we would have to go with what the musuem is good with. They host weddings & confrances ect.
You can either be there on the day or not It's as simple as that...please no whinging and whining about the location or date.
Things need to be set in Stone so arrangments can be made.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

cheers Mac :thumbup:

@sirch we might need to move this thread to the Sunday runs section
AMcQ
Roger Ditchfield

Post by Roger Ditchfield »

Thank you for taking the initiative and contacting NMM. I am sure if a date is available everyone will put it into their diaries. Good luck with your endeavours
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:10 pm cheers Mac :thumbup:

No problem, if you do want it moved to "Sunday Runs, Rideouts, Track days ,Rallys, Events" just give me the word :thumbup:

Chris.

PS. Good work Mac in emailing the NMM 8)
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

sirch345 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 7:53 pm
AMCQ46 wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:10 pm cheers Mac :thumbup:

No problem, if you do want it moved to "Sunday Runs, Rideouts, Track days ,Rallys, Events" just give me the word :thumbup:

Chris.

PS. Good work Mac in emailing the NMM 8)
Send it...