Meet Dot Motorcycles, The Latest British Motorbike Brand Revival

General Bike chat
8541Hawk

Meet Dot Motorcycles, The Latest British Motorbike Brand Revival

Post by 8541Hawk »

Looks like a fun pair of bikes....... :thumbup:

https://www.rideapart.com/news/553534/d ... inmg9cLKUc
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
Jamoi

Re: Meet Dot Motorcycles, The Latest British Motorbike Brand Revival

Post by Jamoi »

Certainly different!

I can't decide if the swingarm is "trellis ingenuity" or robbed from a crashed ER6.
Jamie :wave:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Good to hear the name DOT motorcycle reappear again 8) although not so sure about the Kawasaki 650 engine being used. Probably extremely reliable and a very good engine, but not exactly British :eh:

When I was growing up still going to school, my best friend at the time owned a DOT 250cc trials bike like the one shown in the video. What has always stuck in my mind was the front downtube of the frame was square, not like all bikes I had come across at that time in my life they used round tubing, the swingarm was also was made with square tubing,

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Was looking at them At the bike show last week, and in my eyes, their cafe racer was the prettiest bike of the show.

They buy a full ER6 and then sell everything back to Kawasaki except the engine and electrics, and from there they make their own frames, swing arms.carbon bodywork. They looked nice :thumbup:
Last edited by AMCQ46 on Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMcQ
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

sirch345 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:01 pm Good to hear the name DOT motorcycle reappear again 8) although not so sure about the Kawasaki 650 engine being used. Probably extremely reliable and a very good engine, but not exactly British :eh:
I would think it was chosen as it is the most prevalent bike in the 650 twin class. So no need to do any engine development work. :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Interesting to see another bike on the market with an historic background. Don’t really see the relevance but more bikes must be good, right?
Bring back Greeves, and not the invalid carriage! 😉
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8541Hawk wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:14 pm
sirch345 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:01 pm Good to hear the name DOT motorcycle reappear again 8) although not so sure about the Kawasaki 650 engine being used. Probably extremely reliable and a very good engine, but not exactly British :eh:
I would think it was chosen as it is the most prevalent bike in the 650 twin class. So no need to do any engine development work. :thumbup:
I can see why one would do that, it has to be a lot cheaper than starting from scratch to build your own engine would be my thoughts, plus the time it takes.

Iirc Norton some years back used a V4 Aprilia engine's in their bikes at the IOM TT's, although I realise that is a little different situation,

Chris.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

That and aftermarket engine bits are cheap and plentiful if you want to go faster :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8541Hawk wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:32 pm That and aftermarket engine bits are cheap and plentiful if you want to go faster :thumbup:
A good point that :thumbup:

Chris.