lights on all the time

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: lights on all the time

Post by sirch345 »

northmanuk wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:59 pm bang on Kev L exactly like my bike blue 03 f3
i have original shipping order from brit shop and hpi both state non imported
my understanding is from a certain point in 2003 this was done for cheapness all bike across field ,lights on.
I am just going to get someone to put an inline switch in the wiring and mount it by the clocks until the i will leave as is

:P also the bike is lighter and faster than those with the 3 position switch :D also could take out bulb i only ride in the daylight lol
Flippin' 'eck man you beginning to sound like Tony Mon now :lol:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

8541Hawk wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:13 pm
sirch345 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:54 pm I like to ride in daylight with my lights on in a bid to possibly be more visible to other road users (as some have already said), however I also like to start my bike with the lights off, so I'm glad I have the option.

It has to be better for starting the bike without the headlight drawing power from the battery at the same time,

Chris.
The way they get around the headlight issue, at least in the US, is that they have a headlight disconnect on the starter button. Hit the button and the headlight turns off until the button is released. :thumbup:
That's a good idea :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:01 pm
sirch345 wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:54 pm I like to ride in daylight with my lights on in a bid to possibly be more visible to other road users (as some have already said), however I also like to start my bike with the lights off, so I'm glad I have the option.

It has to be better for starting the bike without the headlight drawing power from the battery at the same time,

Chris.
Not always the best solution- one of the only drawbacks with lithium batteries is that they need to "warm up" before full current is available, especially in cold weather.
Having the headlight in for a minute or two does the trick.
That's a good point Tony :thumbup:

Chris.
xeris

Post by xeris »

Did the conversion to the euro pass to flash switch a few years ago. This is the part number, 35020-mbb-640. Don't know if they are still available. Don't remember exactly how I did it, but if I can, it wasn't that hard. Used this pin out to sort the wires (thanks Eric). You'll need a pick to remove the terminals. I have a commercial tool, but one can be made from a piece of work-hardened steel wire, maybe. That way you don't have to cut wires.
Here is some info on how to: https://www.superhawkforum.com/forums/m ... hts-32695/
I did some fooling around with the turn signal switch, but don't remember why. I don't think it's necessary to do the swap of the two controls.
Original (US market) had two contacts
Original (US market) had two contacts
Attachments
VTR1000F_Firestorm_zps560c23c1.jpg
VTR wiring.jpg
EU switch Pin Out.jpg
“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”
~ Mark Twain
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

MacV2 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:10 am
Kev L wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:32 pm Here’s a picture of the light switch on my 03 F3 StormImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK well thats another different one then ! Weird ...much like the blob of hooman sitting on the bike... :wink:
Xxxxx :Stick:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

sirch345 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:58 pm
northmanuk wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:59 pm bang on Kev L exactly like my bike blue 03 f3
my understanding is from a certain point in 2003 this was done for cheapness all bike across field ,lights on.
I am just going to get someone to put an inline switch in the wiring and mount it by the clocks until the i will leave as is

:P also the bike is lighter and faster than those with the 3 position switch :D also could take out bulb i only ride in the daylight lol

Chris.
Nope, not in this case. I would have pointed out that the additional current draw of the headlight saps a little power as it increases resistance on the alternator rotor.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

tony.mon wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:02 pm
sirch345 wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:58 pm

Chris.
Nope, not in this case. I would have pointed out that the additional current draw of the headlight saps a little power as it increases resistance on the alternator rotor.
:lol: :thumbup:

Good thinking Tony,

Chris.