Under tray

General Bike chat
JCR

Under tray

Post by JCR »

Hi guys, not been on for a while but I’m in the middle of changing over my rather rusty sub frame for one I’ve just had powder coated after I’d welded some new mounts on for my exhausts and I thought that maybe I should change the original under tray for an after market one to tidy the rear end up while I’m at it and I was wondering if you guys could recommend an under tray? I’ve been looking at the powerbronze one and a couple of other makes and I wondered if any one could tell me which is best and what’s involved in fitting them? Do they still retain the original battery box and any other parts of the original tray, light etc?

Thanks guys!

Kind regards Jon
MacV2

Re: Under tray

Post by MacV2 »

Yo'll still need to keep the bulk of the std under tray Just trim down the back bit to make the the new one fit...

Go easy on what you cut off because you need to retain the hole for the seat lock...The hole in the new one will probably be too big.

You know what they say about learning from your mistakes ... :lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
JCR

Post by JCR »

Ok thanks Mac I’ll take that on board and make sure I proceed with caution if I get one. Can you recommend any particular brand?

Thanks! Jon
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

JCR wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:03 pm Ok thanks Mac I’ll take that on board and make sure I proceed with caution if I get one. Can you recommend any particular brand?

Thanks! Jon

No sorry I've only fitted one long while ago, havent botherd since as I felt it's more hassle than it's worth for something you can't see when your riding...

:lol: :lol:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
neil

Post by neil »

On the one I fitted on mine (don't know what make it was ) it did give a much larger storage area under the seat which is useful
redvtr
JCR

Post by JCR »

Ok thanks buddy, always useful to have a bit more storage space, 🤔 somewhere to put some sarnies maybe😁