Creepy clutch

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Tombola89

Re: Creepy clutch

Post by Tombola89 »

Ahh :lol:

Ill change that tomorrow, must of been when I took it apart to clean them. :silent: :silent:

good spot chris :clap:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

That's exactly what I spotted. The outermost friction plate needs to have it's tabs inserted into the spring plate.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Tombola89 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 9:45 pm Ahh :lol:

Ill change that tomorrow, must of been when I took it apart to clean them. :silent: :silent:

good spot chris :clap:
It's easily done, as you would think they would all fit in the same slots,

Chris.
Tombola89

Post by Tombola89 »

Any idea what its done for?

I'm guessing its still friction plates that are the problem, because it was correct before I took it apart and it was still grabbing (not sure why I didn't put the last friction disc back in the right place though :silent: :silent: )
Tombola89

Post by Tombola89 »

And now you know :D
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Tombola89 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:26 pm

And now you know :D
Interesting :thumbup:

Chris.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Tombola89 wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:23 pm Any idea what its done for?

I'm guessing its still friction plates that are the problem, because it was correct before I took it apart and it was still grabbing (not sure why I didn't put the last friction disc back in the right place though :silent: :silent: )
Unless I'm missing something, I can't see anything wrong with the clutch operation in your video.

Worth checking you have all the plates in correctly while you're in there,

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

It still sounds like either there is not enough stroke in the slave (ie... the slave isn't moving out far enough) or there is dead travel before it contacts the push rod.

Is there anything in the stack up of parts from the crank cases through the case saver and the sprocket cover that the slave mounts onto that shouldn't be there?
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

If you've not done so already, I still suggest you back-bleed the system using a syringe (I use a 60ml syringe) attaching it with a length of clear hose at the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder. Before you start take the top off the clutch master cylinder reservoir and syphon out the fluid before you start pumping fluid in at the slave cylinder bleed nipple with the syringe.

Best to cover the petrol tank and all surrounding paintwork before you start just incase of any brake fluid spillage, as it will damage paintwork as I imagine you'll be fully aware of,

Chris.
Tombola89

Post by Tombola89 »

Hello all,

I've changed the friction plates with some EBC kind, and the problem is fixed! it goes into gear lovely and I can select neutral stopped from 1st and 2nd.

I look at the old ones and I cant see anything wrong with them, I don't know what brand they are they look different to the EBC in material.

Mod's if you want to mark this as solved if that's something you do here?
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

It's a bit late now you have I stalled the new ones but comparing the pack height old to new would have been informative.

Never mind, it's fixed now, well done, even if you didn't identify the reason it's the result that counts.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Tombola89 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:22 pm Hello all,

I've changed the friction plates with some EBC kind, and the problem is fixed! it goes into gear lovely and I can select neutral stopped from 1st and 2nd.

I look at the old ones and I cant see anything wrong with them, I don't know what brand they are they look different to the EBC in material.

Mod's if you want to mark this as solved if that's something you do here?
As Tony mentions, it would have been good to know what the problem was (as in just worn down plates) and reassuring to yourself as well I'm sure.
However I'm glad you have fixed the problem, and thanks for letting us know :thumbup:

No we don't add anything to say the problem has been resolved :)

Chris.