New VTR owner in Northern Ireland

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
Mad_Sunday

New VTR owner in Northern Ireland

Post by Mad_Sunday »

Hi, bought a VTR yesterday, having a look through the suggested modifications to stop it blowing up, I'm going to sell it tomorrow! ;-)
But seriously, I'm looking forward to getting the bike and joining in with the banter. I've had a multistrada DVT1200 for the last 5 years, and clocked up an incredible 2000 miles on it, the dealer reckoned it would have been much cheaper in a taxi. I'm sure the VTR can manage 400 miles a year? :-)

Pete
Way older than my old bike.
fabiostar

Re: New VTR owner in Northern Ireland

Post by fabiostar »

welcome along pete :D .... we have have a great vtr thing going on over in norn iron by the way :thumbup: . also look in the events section theres the yearly ni thrash fest at the end of july :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Welcome to the club Pete. Enjoy the bike :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
gilson

Post by gilson »

Hi Peter welcome.
No bike (yet).
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum. :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Hey, thanks for dropping by, ask any questions, but we don't disclose what the best oil is, unfortunately.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Mad_Sunday

Post by Mad_Sunday »

fabiostar wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:48 pm welcome along pete :D .... we have have a great vtr thing going on over in norn iron by the way :thumbup: . also look in the events section theres the yearly ni thrash fest at the end of july :thumbup:
Thanks for the info, I'm not picking the bike up until 14th July, then a few days sorting house sale stuff and ferry back on 16th. Not sure if can make it to the "thrash fest"? but can I just roll up for the day? Moved to Ballymoney from England last October, so still finding my way around.

Pete
Last edited by Mad_Sunday on Sat Jun 26, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Way older than my old bike.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Welcome aboard Pete :thumbup:

Chris.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Mad_Sunday wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:42 pm
fabiostar wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 4:48 pm welcome along pete :D .... we have have a great vtr thing going on over in norn iron by the way :thumbup: . also look in the events section theres the yearly ni thrash fest at the end of july :thumbup:
Thanks for the info, I'm not picking the bike up until 14th July, then a few days sorting house sale stuff and ferry back on 16th. Not sure if can make it to the "thrash fest"? but can I just roll up for the day? Moved to Ballymoney from England last October, so still finding my way around.

Pete
yeah pete no problems turning up. im not that far from you down beside carrick :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: