bored

Test your messages here, beginners welcome..
Steve97

bored

Post by Steve97 »

AMCQ46

Re: bored

Post by AMCQ46 »

Steve your link is corrupted..... but I copied it into my browser and found out what you are hiding ..... oh no. you have joined Fabio
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 8:49 pm Steve your link is corrupted..... but I copied it into my browser and found out what you are hiding ..... oh no. you have joined Fabio
Not now Al :thumbup:

A fine machine, USD forks too :)

Like to give us a few of the spec's Steve :?:

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

6 pot calipers too ..... It's confused
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 10:22 pm 6 pot calipers too ..... It's confused
Did you see the rear caliper :?:

Chris.
Steve97

Post by Steve97 »

yeah, sorry guys have always been crap at the photo thing but here's some specs
Its a 2002 Vulcan Meanstreak (Kawasaki)
1500 cc
Made to compete in the so called power cruiser market with the likes of V Rod, VTX 1300 / 1800 and some others
has forks off ZX12 brakes and discs off ZX9, has 17in wheels unlike most cruisers so sticky rubber available
early 1500 models had high lift cams and bigger injectors on the FI system its shaft drive, which is a shame but less messy.
now has jardine exhaust instead of cat and restrictors, also junked the very restricted intake system and installed a k n system basically modded an oval airbox i found on the bay of evil, then added a fuel controller that tells the computer thing that its colder than it is,so FI puts more fuel in
am impressed with the torque for what it is, and believe it or not you do have to hang on, have seen 120 on the clock and that was enough for me, it weighs around 700 lbs so have to be careful maneuvering it round the garage, a Storm it aint, but its nice to look at the scenery in Wales instead of the rapidly approaching bend, speaking of Storms i still have 2 and for some strange reason have ended up with Jacks as well !
and i thought the nice new garage had lots of space, come over and have a go Al, but best go to the gym first........
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Steve97 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:17 pm yeah, sorry guys have always been crap at the photo thing but here's some specs
1500 cc
Made to compete in the so called power cruiser market with the likes of V Rod, VTX 1300 / 1800 and some others
has forks off ZX12 brakes and discs off ZX9, has 17in wheels unlike most cruisers so sticky rubber available
early 1500 models had high lift cams and bigger injectors on the FI system its shaft drive, which is a shame but less messy.
now has jardine exhaust instead of cat and restrictors, also junked the very restricted intake system and installed a k n system basically modded an oval airbox i found on the bay of evil, then added a fuel controller that tells the computer thing that its colder than it is,so FI puts more fuel in
am impressed with the torque for what it is, and believe it or not you do have to hang on, have seen 120 on the clock and that was enough for me, it weighs around 700 lbs so have to be careful maneuvering it round the garage, a Storm it aint, but its nice to look at the scenery in Wales instead of the rapidly approaching bend, speaking of Storms i still have 2 and for some strange reason have ended up with Jacks as well !
and i thought the nice new garage had lots of space, come over and have a go Al, but best go to the gym first........
Thanks Steve for the full rundown :thumbup:

What a beast :D

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Steve97 wrote:yeah, sorry guys have always been crap at the photo thing but here's some specs
1500 cc
Need to catch up soon steveImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

oh dear i find myself liking that, i was looking one of those but nothing about at the time so ended up with the sofa-uki :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

You two have a wish called Fonda...
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.