Illegal can/MOT quesions:-

General Bike chat
FireSpawn

Illegal can/MOT quesions:-

Post by FireSpawn »

MOT due in early May and the bike currently has some rather load Carbon Micron cans on 8) . I don't have standard cans so a couple of questions:-

Bit hopeful I know but does anyone know an MOT place NorthWest (Bolton area) that would, turn a blind eye so to speak?

Is there anybody who'd be good enough to loan me a pair of legal cans for a day or two to get me ped through? Willing to leave a deposit for security.

Are there any road legal cans out there reasonably priced that you know of or does anybody have a pair for sale?

Thanks chaps, all help greatly appreciated :)
buzz

Post by buzz »

firespawn
u can have a lend of my standard cans if u need to , i'm in hyde chesh 7 miles north east of manchester , infact u could ride over with your cans on ride away with standard fitted go get your mot then ride over the next day or when ever suits u and put your cans back on and leave my standard cans with me till next time

sorted

FIRESTORM FIRESTORM I LOVE MI FIRESTORM

Buzz :D
FireSpawn

Good man!

Post by FireSpawn »

Buzz, yer a gent and a scholar :)

Like I said, not due 'til early May, but thought I'd sort it now rather than leave it 'till the last minute as usual :roll:

If you mail details to chris.wray6@ntlworld.com

Thanks a lot Buzz
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

While the carbon cans are off the bike there is a chance they could end up with the old "BS AU 193a" markings on them or the equivilent "e" number on them :wink:
Robbe

cans and mot's

Post by Robbe »

Mine's due in may.
I'll take mine to local bike shop in Morecambe, he's pretty good regards cans.
Cant be bothered taking the mig's off and putting the originals back on.

Robb
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Re: cans and mot's

Post by firestorm_al »

Robbe wrote:Mine's due in may.
I'll take mine to local bike shop in Morecambe, he's pretty good regards cans.
Cant be bothered taking the mig's off and putting the originals back on.

Robb
Yea, the other thing to do it pop in and see your local centre and say to them that you have the legal cans sitting in your shed so do they really need you to swap them just for the half hour of the test cause they know you're just going to put the race cans back on. Sompe places will give you the benifit of the doubt and others won't.
Nigel75

Post by Nigel75 »

Theres a place in Leigh that I have used in the past, cant remember the name of the place but it is down the side of Blockbuster Video on Holden Rd. He is a vintage bike racer so gives a lot of leeway with other bikes.
Phobia

Post by Phobia »

I have a pair of legal cans sitting in my garage you are welcome to borrow. I am in Prestwich, North Manc, bout a mile down from Jn 17 of M60.

Drop me a line at gkellett@csc.com if you want to borrow them.

Cheers..

Graeme
Who needs 4 cylinders when 2 sound this good... Image
FireSpawn

Post by FireSpawn »

Cheers Chaps,

Will probably take Graeme's offer has he's closest (if that's okay Graham :wink: )

Buzz - thanks as well for the offer mate.

Anyway, not due 'til early May just thought I'd put some feelers out. Not expecting such a positive response so close to home as well!

Cheers again fellas!
Phobia

Post by Phobia »

Drop me a line at gkellett@csc.com and we can meet up for a natter, maybe Rivington barn or to mine to check the goods first....

Anyone else in the Manc/chesire region feel free to get intouch and I will arrange a little meet for chinwag and put names to faces if you want....

Cheers

Graeme
Who needs 4 cylinders when 2 sound this good... Image
pricey

Could end up with....

Post by pricey »

firestorm_al Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:57 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the carbon cans are off the bike there is a chance they could end up with the old "BS AU 193a" markings on them or the equivilent "e" number on them

Al,

Are the cops honestly going to fall for that?? If so, then brilliant. :twisted:

BTW, how do you insert what people have wrote into my message, you know the white boxes??
Yes, another Fireblade owner, but fug me she shifts like s**t off the proverbial and handles like a dream (wet)
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Re: Could end up with....

Post by firestorm_al »

pricey wrote:firestorm_al Posted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 8:57 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While the carbon cans are off the bike there is a chance they could end up with the old "BS AU 193a" markings on them or the equivilent "e" number on them

Al,

Are the cops honestly going to fall for that?? If so, then brilliant. :twisted:

BTW, how do you insert what people have wrote into my message, you know the white boxes??
Use the "Quote" button instead of the reply button .... OR ...... cut and paste the quoted text and surround it with quote tags.

Al.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Re: Could end up with....

Post by firestorm_al »

pricey wrote:Are the cops honestly going to fall for that?? If so, then brilliant. :twisted:
probably not the cops but for MOT purposes it should be enough as long as your cans are not maga loud.
FireSpawn

Rivi or wherever

Post by FireSpawn »

Graeme Buzz and all round these 'ere parts.

Will arrange a meet up soon. Got me arm in a cast at the minute but should be off in a week or so. Be good to hook up for a blast, talk shite or whatever :)

Chris
buzz

Post by buzz »

i,m up for it just let me know time and place , and so long as i'm not working i'll be there

FIRESTORM FIRESTORM I LOVE MI FIRESTORM

Buzz