Hello from Finland

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
VTR_FIN

Hello from Finland

Post by VTR_FIN »

Hi to all fellow VTR enthusiasts,

my first own bike, I've ridden my brother's bikes in the past but since he sold his last one I just had to have one of my own. Always had a weak spot for superbike v-twins, so it was either Honda or Suzuki, Italians were out the question as a first bike. My VTR popped up to local dealer's inventory and after a short phone call I bought it without seeing it in flesh or riding it. With a 50000 kilometers it was a very clean and well maintained bike with new tires, chains, sprockets and CCT's already changed to manual.

For the first summer I just rode it as it was but I wasn't quite happy how the carburetors were adjusted. Factory pro needle & jet kit with #50 idle jets made the bike very unpleasant to drive in hot weather, engine was pig rich. I did what I could with those parts and started to search for a better setup from this forum. Other things which bothered me was the soft front suspension and the brakes but I didn't want to mess the bike in the middle of our short 4 month riding season.

When the autumn came I parked my bike to garage and started the modifications.
Front telescopes are now fitted with Ohlins springs and Andreani piston kits, front brakes are updated with CBR600F4 calipers and GSX-R master cylinder. A Cobrra chain oiler kit was installed at the same time with the other mods to the front end. Pyramid plastics belly pan had a crack in the area where the side stand goes through so I had to repair it and it was re-sprayed from black to bike's original colour. Since the belly pan was off the bike I also buffed the dull exhausts to matt finish and ground off the execess welding material from inside the flanges. Carburetors are fitted with OEM needles and jets now and will be fine tuned along the riding season.
Attachments
At dealers
At dealers
gilson

Re: Hello from Finland

Post by gilson »

Wonderful! Welcome to the forum, I'm sure you'll fit in really well.
No bike (yet).
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

Looks like you are off to a good start :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Welcome to the club :thumbup:
AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

Hello and welcome to the forum.Lots of tips and advice from people that really know their VTR's. :wave:
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
jbf955i

Post by jbf955i »

Welcome to the group ,

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

VTR_FIN

Post by VTR_FIN »

Thanks for the thumbs up guys.

I started to read this forum before I even purchased the bike and got a huge head start thanks to the wealth of information available here.
My goal is to keep the bike very "stealth", no major visible modifications except for the belly pan and Micron cans.
Next step is to finish the tune on the carbs and enjoy the bike, allthough I have some doubts how well a set of old CV carbs are able to run.
Wife's bike is EFI and I really love how smooth and effortlessly the engine runs, starts and behaves on every throttle position and transition.

This is how the the bike looks after the bellypan repair and respray, a friend of mine is going to cut some OEM decals for the bike.
I will add a couple of Photoshop sketches later when I transfer them from my email.
Attachments
VTR now
VTR now
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

VTR_FIN wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:04 pm Thanks for the thumbs up guys.

I started to read this forum before I even purchased the bike and got a huge head start thanks to the wealth of information available here.
My goal is to keep the bike very "stealth", no major visible modifications except for the belly pan and Micron cans.
Next step is to finish the tune on the carbs and enjoy the bike, allthough I have some doubts how well a set of old CV carbs are able to run.
Wife's bike is EFI and I really love how smooth and effortlessly the engine runs, starts and behaves on every throttle position and transition.

This is how the the bike looks after the bellypan repair and respray, a friend of mine is going to cut some OEM decals for the bike.
I will add a couple of Photoshop sketches later when I transfer them from my email.
Welcome aboard :thumbup:
Great introduction.

Your bike is looking great 8)
You've done some good upgrades already :clap:

Chris.
VTR_FIN

Post by VTR_FIN »

IMG-20210516-WA0004.jpg
IMG-20210516-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20210516-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20210516-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20210516-WA0005.jpg

Few Photoshop sketches of added graphics for the bellypan.
May consider something to the rear as well.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

#1 :thumbup:
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

And a bin! Well done that man.
We love a nice bin on here.
:thumbup:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

:thumbup:

Chris.
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Welcome nice storm :thumbup: :thumbup:
Storming About :thumbup:
Pete.L