Farewell Wicky...

General Biker Banter
MacV2

Re: Farewell Wicky...

Post by MacV2 »

lumpyv wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 5:45 pm hi everybody , ive been out of the loop for ?? years now and have logged on today to this terrible news ...

Wicky was a true gent , very knowlegeble and generous with his time and his offers of help, as an example the last time i saw him was when he popped up here to mine about (about 20 miles ) at the drop of a hat when i needed an extra pair of hands and some advice. All for a cup of tea and a bacon sarnie and the satisfaction of helping out a fellow biker

What a nice fella . he will be missed .

i only logged on to talk about headlight bulb retaining clips and this has really knocked me sideways, Mrs Lumpy also remembered the visit and recalled what a nice bloke John was ..
It was terrible news to have to report... I'm working on a trophy to give to his Criket Club as a memorial...

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=44698.

Mac
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Jonesy, Michaela, Mac and I went to see Wicky's ashes going up in smoke in a firework tonight. It was a celebration of his life, complete with lots of photos. There were people there from all of the different facets of his life; bikes, cricket, family, friends, artwork, computers etc.
I took a video, but it's too large to load on here and I don't pay for a hosting site...but they decorated the garden with lots of lights, it looked really pretty, especially the pond.
(TBH the firework video looks like any other firework aerial cake).
We all had a year in our eye- mostly because the bits of hot ash were dropping from overhead- just as he would have wanted it!

Mac took some photos, hopefully he has some that he can share.
Attachments
PXL_20211106_193135433.jpg
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Mac's an idiot & whilst drunkely editing out the shite pics delated all of them... DOH !

Jonesy has however put a video up on the Wales meet whatapp thingimebob app dodah...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...