Penske shock SOLD

Moderator: VTRDark

freeridenick

Penske shock SOLD

Post by freeridenick »

Remote res version with rebound, compression and ride height adjustment. Serviced by Roger I think about 18months ago. Set 2mm longer than stock with an 800lb spring which is good for anyone around 9st to 11st in riding gear.

On the light side for most folks but replacement springs are easy to find and the static sag Roger recommends is 8mm. Something like 14 clicks on the rebound adjustment and five settings on the compression. £350 posted.
DSC_6456.JPG
DSC_6457.JPG
DSC_6458.JPG
DSC_6459.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
tony.mon

Re: Penske shock

Post by tony.mon »

11 stone in riding gear? I'd need one on each side!
Glws
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'm surprised someone hasn't snapped this shock up before now,

Chris.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

True enough Chris, I’m very pleased with mine :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

9 stone?
I'll fight you for it.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

tony.mon wrote:9 stone?
I'll fight you for it.
Lol. I can run fast though so you'll have to chase me. There's a catchphrase.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Have I over priced this? Couple of sniffs on Facebook buy not even an offer. I know the spring is soft for most folks but they're not that expensive to replace.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

£350 to £400 is about the right ball park for a fully adjustable shock, without the modern high/low speed compression. the spring is £80 and easy enough to fit if you have some ratchet straps to compress the spring
AMcQ
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:53 am £350 to £400 is about the right ball park for a fully adjustable shock, without the modern high/low speed compression. the spring is £80 and easy enough to fit if you have some ratchet straps to compress the spring
I agree with Al on the price :thumbup:
Sales are a bit up and down at the moment with this C sh1te going on, but I'm sure your shock will go, especially now summer is getting close. A Penske shock certainly is a huge improvement over the original OEM Firestorm/Superhawk shock.

I think Al was thinking about the original Honda shock when he mentioned needing ratchet straps to compress the spring. The beauty of the Penske shock is you can just unwind the preload adjuster which gives you enough slack to remove the circlip and collar allowing you to remove the spring, you don't need to compress it first,

Chris.
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

If it wasn't for you penske kids I'd have gotten away with it, too.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

freeridenick wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:16 am Have I over priced this? Couple of sniffs on Facebook buy not even an offer. I know the spring is soft for most folks but they're not that expensive to replace.
thats decent money for quality kit :thumbup: . it seems the market for proper nice storm stuff is small. a lot of newer owners to storms kinda, and i dont want this to sound to rude :lol: would rather buy a load of tat to bolt on rather than buy the stuff that makes a difference to the bike :thumbup: its the perfect spring weight for me nick but im just keeping the hagon in mine as i cant be arsed changing anything.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

If it doesn't sell by the time the blue one is back together then it'll go in that and I'll have some summer fun while the Mori one is with Roger.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

fabiostar wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:43 pm
freeridenick wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:16 am Have I over priced this? Couple of sniffs on Facebook buy not even an offer. I know the spring is soft for most folks but they're not that expensive to replace.
thats decent money for quality kit :thumbup: . it seems the market for proper nice storm stuff is small. a lot of newer owners to storms kinda, and i dont want this to sound to rude :lol: would rather buy a load of tat to bolt on rather than buy the stuff that makes a difference to the bike :thumbup: its the perfect spring weight for me nick but im just keeping the hagon in mine as i cant be arsed changing anything.
It is a very good shock at a good price. As for the rest.....

Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
freeridenick

Re: Penske shock £300 posted

Post by freeridenick »

Price dropped. £300 posted.