pumpkin

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
haynesjones66

pumpkin

Post by haynesjones66 »

thought i'd start a new thread on my progress. i had a storm a year or so ago but sold it as it was getting uncomfortable for my old bones. i bought a cbr600f4i instead which didnt float my V twin boat so got another storm with the intention of adapting it slightly for my awkward frame.

its a good base with a blade front end. i've changed the bars which sorts that end out and i got a single seat from yeti. only a trial fit so far

it's a little high so i'm considering cutting and rewelding the lower subframe mount to tilt it down a bit. i'm assuming everything else would tilt with it. anyone done this? the sensible option would be to keep it standard but that's not happening. i'm 60 and i want a silly impractical (but rideable) loony bike to usher in those twilight years! As a local chappie once wrote:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
AMCQ46

Re: pumpkin

Post by AMCQ46 »

haynesjones66 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:56 pm i want a silly impractical (but rideable) loony bike to usher in those twilight years! t.
i know this is a firestorm forum, but I can recommend you try a Big KTM Adventure. ... I ended up with an 2014 ktm1190Adv, that I didnt think I wanted or needed, and I love it. .... no aches and pains after all day riding, and it still has that V2 heart and a DNA that makes you want to ride like Supermoto racer if the mood takes you
AMcQ
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

That's a tidy looking bike.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

not for long! AMCQ, i've spent my entire commuting/riding life riding upright bikes the last of which was a versys 650. epic go-anywhere bike. but my hip began aching big time and the only bikes i can ride now are sports bikes. i have to be leaning forward to be comfortable. i test rode a tuono v4 last year and it was bonkers but painful almost immediately. i was tempted with the RSV4 but couldnt justify the cost for a weekend toy, hence the storm.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I'll be interested in seeing what you change to suit your fame :)

Chris.
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

i recently got hold of a set of ST1100 helibars which were a bit scabby

but after some butchering i have a set of adjustable bars which should do the job

not sure about the pegs yet as i need to ride it when it's all back in one piece
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

haynesjones66 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:10 pm i test rode a tuono v4 last year and it was bonkers but painful almost immediately.
I know the feeling, my wife gave me serious grief immediately upon bringing mine home.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

:lol: but honestly, there is nothing else out there to compare with the tuono apart from the R1M maybe. it should be on every bikers bucket list to ride one.