Ulez

New here? Come in and introduce yourself
BigVeeTwin

Ulez

Post by BigVeeTwin »

Good news !

It seems the firestorm is ULEZ exempt in London after all!

The certificate of conformity that Honda sent me showed NOx of 0.14 so therefore just under the required 0.15!

Happy days!! This should drive up the prices now they are not condemned by Mayor of London and TFL!!

Spread the word! The ULEZ is due to be expanded to the south circular and north circular in October 2021!
MacV2

Re: Ulez

Post by MacV2 »

Excelent news... Sends us a copy please :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
BigVeeTwin

Post by BigVeeTwin »

You need to ask Honda to send it to you based on your vin number. It’s free to do register for a certificate on conformity on Honda UK website. They send it to you on paper a few days later.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

that's good news as I am sure it is coming to all citys soon :thumbup:

Honda will be confused when Mac asks then for certificates for 7 different VIN numbers
AMcQ
bertye

Post by bertye »

Thanks for the info, will be doing mine. But it would seem that they are not processing at the moment. This is on the Honda site:
"As a result of remote working, we apologise that we are unable to access any postal enquiries or process any Certificate of Conformity (COC) and Year of Manufacturer (YOM) requests at this time."
:thumbdown:
TheBozBoz

Post by TheBozBoz »

Just wondering why do we as VTR owners need this letter of conformity? Surely Mr Honda can just send the info to TFL?

Sent from my G3311 using Tapatalk

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

You are assuming an awful lot from Mr Honda! They haven’t sorted the exploding CCT issue so expecting them to state that all their bikes prior to Euro 4/5 are compliant ain’t gonna happen. TFL assume everything pre 2007 is non compliant. I know from personal experience having been out on a Sunday ride in September with the Mrs on the back of my XL650v. I went down for a ride around my old haunts around Islington, Farringdon, Kings Cross. When we got home I had a rush of blood to my addled old head and thought ‘I wonder if ULEZ or one of the myriad other charges apply to little old me!’ Sure enough when I went on line there was a bill for £12.50 sitting waiting for me. If you weren’t aware of ULEZ there is no signage, that I paid attention to, stating you are entering or leaving the zone. I travelled along four streets within the zone. If you don’t pay within 24hrs the bill is something like £114 but drops to £80 odd if you pay within 14 days.
Having heard this I will be looking for a compliance certificate for both the Honda’s but I doubt they will accept this as evidence for a refund. And I thought Richard Turpin was dead! Robbing B4SATARDS!
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

My head hurts :wtf: :roll: :D
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
SydneyFletch

Post by SydneyFletch »

Hey BigVeeTwin! What year model is your VTR?

Mine is 2000 model and Honda UK are telling me they cannot supply CoC as it is too old.....

Am considering doing the emissions test but would hate to fail the test as it is right on the margin with little leeway and that was when it was brand new.

Does anyone know of a fuel additive which would keep you NOx level down? (I should ring the boys at Audi and VW haha :lol: )
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

I just did mine a month ago, contacted honda uk and the form came from mainland Europe a week later, another week and the cofc arrived. Try coc@honda-eu.com which is the address that processed it. Good luck.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Email Honda as above - I used: <certificateofconformity@honda-eu.com>

Give them the VIN, Engine No. and your name & address so they can post the paperwork.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
SydneyFletch

Post by SydneyFletch »

Wicky and Commando, what year model VTR's do you have?
Commando77

Post by Commando77 »

Apologies...not been online for ages. Mines a 2003. Don't know if the PAIR system matters though. That's only in use on overrun, right?
redpaul1

Post by redpaul1 »

Apologies for resurrecting a zombie thread
Dear Mr. R,

Thank you for contacting Honda UK.

According to the provided VIN (JH2S*************) your motorcycle is a vehicle for which we would not be able to supply a Certificate of Conformity due to its age. Honda UK can only produce Certificates of Conformity for motorcycles after 2001.
So, to obtain a COC from Honda, your reg must be at least 02/52. Unfortunately, mine's a Y.
20 years burning down that road...