Well you asked for another Ducati build

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
buzzer

Re: Well you asked for another Ducati build

Post by buzzer »

thanks for the complements guys :oops:

I gave the garage a good clean out the other day, which meant getting all the bikes on the drive... I thought it worthy of a picture.

I also did 80 miles on the new build, it ran very nice from the off... I did however stop a couple of times to tweak the air screw on the carbs. Its such a fun bike to ride! I also took the Guzzi out for a 20 mile ride... here's to a warm dry summer!

Here are some of the builds I have done over the years, yes there is an orange and silver theme, its what I like, and with all my builds, I build them for me! I have done restorations in the past rather than custom builds and have kept these in original or period colours...

One of my big regrets is not taking photos... I have very few film photoes from the pre digital age which is a shame.

freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

The two-stroke is my favourite. Great lines and it's a style of bike I'd love to own. I've thought about doing it with the 'storm but I don't think I can make it work with the frame.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Cracking photo's, especially the 1st two, thanks for posting 8) 8)

I wish the same with all the vehicles I have owned over the years that I had photo's of them, but like you say we never had the option of taking digital photo's as we have now. Before digital took off photography was not cheap.

Great to hear all went well with your first outing :clap: :thumbup:
I have got to ask, how do you think the exhaust system you built performs?
Also is it over LOUD out on the road?

Chris.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

its an interesting question... it is loud... but no where near as loud as the ones with megas on... the under seat one in particular is VERY loud :oops:

The new on has a really nice tone to it, and does not have the harsh crack like the others. As for performance, who knows... the new bike feels faster, but I think that has more to do with the sound it makes. I may get a mate to come out with me and do a side by side test :mrgreen:

I took the guzzi on a long run yesterday, and gave it the beans I stopped to find an oil leak out of the breather... thinking about it, its a design flaw :o so I am busy doing a MK2 breather at the moment
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Great pics and very nice collection your building 👍👍
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

buzzer wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 9:36 am its an interesting question... it is loud... but no where near as loud as the ones with megas on... the under seat one in particular is VERY loud :oops:

The new on has a really nice tone to it, and does not have the harsh crack like the others. As for performance, who knows... the new bike feels faster, but I think that has more to do with the sound it makes. I may get a mate to come out with me and do a side by side test :mrgreen:

I took the guzzi on a long run yesterday, and gave it the beans I stopped to find an oil leak out of the breather... thinking about it, its a design flaw :o so I am busy doing a MK2 breather at the moment
If your butt dyno is telling you the bike is faster with your new exhaust, then it must 8) 8)
Thanks for the information about it :thumbup:

Good luck with the MK2 breather for the Guzzi :Beer1:

Chris.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

MK2 breather works great Chris :thumbup:

well this and the Guzzi build comes to an end (that's if custom builds ever do!)

Have to say I am loving both bikes, they are very different to ride! The Duke is so light and nimble at 168kg wet, with the Guzzi at 200kg

This will be my last build for 18 months... I normally build a bike over winter, and ride all summer, so that's the plan this year... then in September I will start work on the house... Happy wife, happy life!

Hopefully I can start another build September 2024, so plenty of time to look around for anything that takes my fancy

for now here is a video that covers the build...

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Great vid and sound track 👏🏻👏🏻
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

buzzer wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 10:16 am MK2 breather works great Chris :thumbup:

well this and the Guzzi build comes to an end (that's if custom builds ever do!)

Have to say I am loving both bikes, they are very different to ride! The Duke is so light and nimble at 168kg wet, with the Guzzi at 200kg

This will be my last build for 18 months... I normally build a bike over winter, and ride all summer, so that's the plan this year... then in September I will start work on the house... Happy wife, happy life!

Hopefully I can start another build September 2024, so plenty of time to look around for anything that takes my fancy

for now here is a video that covers the build...

Yes another great video, many thanks for posting this up :clap: :clap:

Really happy to hear the MK2 breather is a success Tony :thumbup: :thumbup:

Very impressive wet weight for this build at 168kg 8) :clap:

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That is a fantastic build, well done Tony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Thats some serious builds you have done :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

Here is the finished Guzzi.

I did spend some time tweaking the ignition, but I have to say that it was pretty close with the advance curve it came with it from Ignitech. It took a couple of days to sort the jetting out on the carbs, but what’s nice is they are easy to get at to change jets, and these carbs came with the slow air screws as opposed to slow air jets which makes life easier. I have a quiet road where I go, rather than annoy the neighbours where I can ride up and down, do plug chops and adjustments.

To help others if they do simmilar, The jetting I ended up with is as follows:-

#155 main jet, #50 pilot jet, ELS needle (4th groove from the top) I started with an ELT needle but had a slight fluff at 1/8 throttle so changed to ELS and it cured it.

here's to a warm dry summer!

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Yes of course with the cylinders sticking out each side the plugs and carbs are definitely more accessible. That must make a change from the Ducati's :thumbup:
Good to hear you now have the ignition and carburation set-up as you want it :clap:

The Guzzi looks brilliant in the photo's Tony, thanks for posting them up 8) 8)

Chris.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Ironbridge is a perfect back drop Ito some Italian iron, It’s been a great build Tony and you have nailed the look yet again :thumbup:
AMcQ
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

AMCQ46 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 11:18 pm Ironbridge is a perfect back drop Ito some Italian iron, It’s been a great build Tony and you have nailed the look yet again :thumbup:
Yes, I love Ironbridge... Its back attracting bikes at the moment as we can park by the bridge again :thumbup: Of course there is also the pie shop opposite the bridge where I am told the pies are fantastic (just in case my wife reads this :lol: )

I parked up there last year when this happened...