Well you asked for another Ducati build

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
buzzer

Re: Well you asked for another Ducati build

Post by buzzer »

Here is the finished wiring… and the final diagram of which I am always happy to share a full size version. Its one item that is always nice to pass onto the new owner when I eventually sell on... Imagine fault finding without it! I like to use the braided sheathing rather than the hard PVC stuff of old. I see that many cars and bikes now use it. Its a bit fiddly but if you touch the end on the soldering iron after you cut it, it stops it fraying. Another nice advantage is if you need to pull one or two wires out, you can do by just parting the strands.

fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

That puts factory outfits to shame :clap: :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

fabiostar wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:10 pm That puts factory outfits to shame :clap: :clap: :clap:
I couldn't agree with you more Rob.

A cracking job Tony, well done :clap: :clap:

Chris.
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Very nice work , looks very professional 👍
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

thanks for the comments guys! :thumbup:

the footrests/and levers are now finished… I pondered how to do the brake light switch and then came upon this neat hydraulic one which bolts onto the union…

buzzer

Post by buzzer »

here it is finished... just waiting on a small part to get it running, which is very frustrating!

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

That’s looks very nice ,well done 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's looking fantastic Tony, those mean looking finned barrels just make it for me 8) 8)

Well done, another fine build :clap: :clap:

Chris.
Duffy1964

Post by Duffy1964 »

That’s a fantastic build. Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Duffy1964
Yellow 1997 Storm R.I.P. Orange 2000 Streetfighter (Rufus), Red & Silver 1968 Triumph Trophy 650, Blue 2003 Storm Project, Red 2007 Montesa Cota Trials 250 & 1959 BSA D7 175cc Bantam Trials Project
ChrisC

Post by ChrisC »

Loving it,well done that man :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Very nice, well done mate :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Dear god thats nice :clap: :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

That looks great and an equally good photo. I'm assuming it wasn't taken with a phone. Given the depth of field and framing I'm guessing you like a bit of photography as well as bike building. If it was with a phone then it's a damn good one.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

buzzer

Post by buzzer »

Thanks for the complements guys!
freeridenick wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:22 pm That looks great and an equally good photo. I'm assuming it wasn't taken with a phone. Given the depth of field and framing I'm guessing you like a bit of photography as well as bike building. If it was with a phone then it's a damn good one.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
its my iPhone 11 pro... I do like a bit of photography... A few years ago I sold all my SLR gear though, as after a holiday I looked at my wifes photos off her phone and thought why am I carrying this big lump of a camera around! I was playing on my sons iPhone 14 last weekend, and the camera is another leap forward and I have phone envy now :lol:

So its start-up time…  I had a good spark, but I wasn’t sure if it was on the right cylinder as I hadn’t made a note on the coils… so it was a 50% chance it would start…  It did!  It quickly settled to a nice tick over, but I had to shut it down as I am missing the “0” rings off the sensors and they leaked oil.  I have been waiting a week for them, bloody Royal Mail strikes!

With any fresh engine build I have a routine I stick to that has served me well over the years…  first thing I do is remove the oil switch and pump oil into the engine.  I use a plastic pump up bottle for this.  This primes all the oilways, fills the filter, fills the oil pump, and oozes out of all the bearings.  I prefer this to engine building paste, which I am not a fan of…  I do use a smear of it on the cams and followers though…

The other thing I do is screw in a pressure gauge.  I was pleased to see that it immediately shot up, which is always a relief.  This has saved me a couple of times in the past…  Once when the pressure relief valve in a new oil pump was stuck, and the gauge went off the scale…  the other time was my fault when I put an oil pickup pipe joint on wrong, and the joint itself covered the pipe hole…  started it up and initial pressure then nothing… that gauge is a lifesaver!

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Glad it all went well on the initial start-up Tony 8)

A good routine you have there on the preparation before starting the engine I'd say, I really like the addition of the oil pressure gauge :thumbup:

Chris.