Well you asked for another Ducati build

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
buzzer

Re: Well you asked for another Ducati build

Post by buzzer »

well how annoying is that :Argue 1: :Argue 1: I noticed the section of one pipe was going blue... checked it and its magnetic! looks like the supplier mixed in a piece of Mild Steel in with the stainless! Oh well, new piece is on its way

sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

How annoying :eek2 :eek2 and more work for you.
I have found some stainless steel is still magnetic, I think it depends on the quality, or the properties that go into it, or both,

Chris.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

sirch345 wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 7:40 pm How annoying :eek2 :eek2 and more work for you.
I have found some stainless steel is still magnetic, I think it depends on the quality, or the properties that go into it, or both,

Chris.
I checked with the supplier, they were very apologetic and are sending me more tube... It was Mild Steel, they do both!

well this build comes almost to an end, I am sure there will be some snagging to do, but that can be done in Spring when I can ride it! I will post a video of it running as soon as we have a nice day. Here is is with the last couple of builds I have kept as I liked how these ride!

Its time to start the next Build… I have another Multistrada at the back of the garage which I will wheel out soon and make a start on that… this has some nice parts on it and should make a great bike, not sure on the style of this one yet, I guess it will evolve over the coming months.. Have to say I have really enjoyed the Guzzi build, a refreshing change to Ducati’s as the next one will be Ducati number 10 build!

If you want me to continue, I am happy to post up the Ducati build :roll:

haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

what i would like to see is a firestorm roadster in the style of the guzzi. nobody's managed a good one yet

pete
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Three cracking bikes you now have there 8) 8) 8)

Glad you got your header pipe mix up sorted.

I would be very happy to follow another one of your builds Tony :D :thumbup:

Chris.
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

I also like to read about your builds Tony.They make interesting reading.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Bring it on . Always interesting reading your builds , gives me something to aspire to 👍👍
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Yes please Tony :thumbup:

And I 2nd the vote for a firestorm based project at some point in the future :thumbup: :wave:
AMcQ
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Please do carry on with the builds :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: ..

and as a few have said, do a storm.
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

a fire storm... :roll: never say never!

The front under the headlight didn’t look right, so I made a plate and etched a Guzzi badge on it, I am still amazed how well the etching works!

Here is the video of it running, followed by some photos that tell the story of its build… Its -5 this afternoon on the drive, so It wont be up the road for a while!

Kev L

Post by Kev L »

The bike looks and sounds great. Well done, it’s a credit to you :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

It's alive :clap: :clap:

It's sounding good and ticking over very nicely, give yourself a big pat on the back you have earned it 8) 8)
On second thought's best to get your wife to do that :wink: or you may end up with a pulled muscle in your back like I have done atm :thumbdown:

Great video, that must have taken sometime to put all that together :clap:

It always amazes me on looking back over these build's by watching your video's how much work you have actually carried out.
Hard to believe you have now finished another one, bar the snagging if there is any, great work,

Chris.
buzzer

Post by buzzer »

the videos are amazingly easy to do Chris, using movie maker on my iPhone. I already had the photos of the build on there, and just made one of it running with a walk around... its a great Apple App! I am finding I am doing quite a few now and putting them on YouTube!

well my Guzzi build has come to an end, and is now in the back of the workshop waiting for some good weather. So onto the next project which I bought 3 months ago... this will be Ducati number 10, but I want to do something a bit different this time. It came with a pile of tasty parts, some brand new... there are lightweight forged wheels, big front brakes, Ohlins suspension, which will go to making a quick and light bike.

I have ordered a load of stuff, but due to strikes and the time of year nothing will be here till the new year… so the first job on this build was to make the throttle of all things. I made similar for the Guzzi build and it worked well, so this is an enhanced version of that with a slightly smaller cable wheel as the Guzzi throttle is a little too quick… I refined my silver soldering technique after watching the repair shop, and I have to say it worked rather well! :thumbup:

lloydie

Post by lloydie »

ive got feeling this build going to be very nice :thumbup:
haynesjones66

Post by haynesjones66 »

you can go off some people.....