VTR cam chain tensioners

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Pon

Re: VTR cam chain tensioners

Post by Pon »

Is there anyone in the Northants area that would like to sort my CCTs without wombles me timing? I ain't bought owt yet but see I can get the originals off ebay. Or can someone mod my originals? My VTR has 47k miles on originals and I'm thinking just how long will they hold out.
Hit me with some prices for parts & fitting please.
If at first you don't succeed - tools down and go for a ride.
8541Hawk

Post by 8541Hawk »

jbf955i wrote: Tue May 05, 2020 4:23 pm I'm at the stage of removal of the carb's and I have no clue. Would anyone be open to a quick phone call? It would be my call of course. It would be far easier for me, if I could talk over one or two points.

Sorry to bother you all Image

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
All depends on how good of an international plan you have..... :lol: Though I'm sure one of the local guys will be along soon to help you out :thumbup:
Loud pipes don't save lives, knowing how to ride your bike will save your life.
CaryDG

Post by CaryDG »

8451 Hawk, Unrelated to CCT's but, I guess I don't post enough to PM you. It would be great to contact you as I fell out of touch after you left Cali. and the SH Forum.
zakisbak

Post by zakisbak »

Is there a lifespan for the ccts?
Can they go at say 10K as much as at 50K?
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

zakisbak wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:02 am Is there a lifespan for the ccts?
They are a service item I belives but they are shite & best replaced with manual or do the stopper mod...

Plenty of info on here have a search...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

zakisbak wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:02 am Is there a lifespan for the ccts?
They just go when they go, it doesn't seem to be mileage related. I fitted replacement standard ones, one failed 18 months later...
After that I registered on the forum.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
zakisbak

Post by zakisbak »

Mmmmmmm,I see,[strokes chin]
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

due to a motorcycle crash i have lost a lot of usage in my fingers on both hands .my left hand has two fingers which don't work well and it shakes my right hand has a paralyzed middle finger and also shake once in a while. I find it so hard to work on my bike big work in the open i can manage but intricate work I'm stuck. i would like to fit manual cct but its beyond me.my accident left me apt to get anxious and after reading all cct texts im really worried Honda dealer said don't worry 8) lol
I live in Wales near cardiff and i cant
a)find a shop i can trust
b)find a shop willing to do job
Does anyone know anyone on the forum near mem that is able to do the job i have tools and some where to work aand i would pay
cheers
law
ps honest i can ride a bike on a good day lol :?
hey mister does pi--ing on the lemon tree make em grow better

no kid but it sure makes your ma mad (fastest indian) :crazy:
i always wanted to ride a v twin now i got one i still cant :D
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

northmanuk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:37 am due to a motorcycle crash i have lost a lot of usage in my fingers on both hands .my left hand has two fingers which don't work well and it shakes my right hand has a paralyzed middle finger and also shake once in a while. I find it so hard to work on my bike big work in the open i can manage but intricate work I'm stuck. i would like to fit manual cct but its beyond me.my accident left me apt to get anxious and after reading all cct texts im really worried Honda dealer said don't worry 8) lol
Does anyone know anyone on the forum near mem that is able to do the job i have tools and some where to work aand i would pay
cheers
law
Ohhh nasty, had a few offs meself but only suffered broken bones...

Your a bit far away for me to help but I've messaged a fellow Stormer, who lives in Wales to see if he can offer any help.

If he dosent get in touch directly with you I'm sure we can work something out. Watch this space...

Are you on Facebook per chance ?

Mac
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

northmanuk wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 11:37 am due to a motorcycle crash i have lost a lot of usage in my fingers on both hands .my left hand has two fingers which don't work well and it shakes my right hand has a paralyzed middle finger and also shake once in a while. I find it so hard to work on my bike big work in the open i can manage but intricate work I'm stuck. i would like to fit manual cct but its beyond me.my accident left me apt to get anxious and after reading all cct texts im really worried Honda dealer said don't worry 8) lol
cheers
law
Check your messages northman... Top right of page, I've sent you a mesage you should be able to read it just not reply just yet...
Shauned71

Post by Shauned71 »

cheers
law
Hi Law.. I'm in Cardiff and can help you.. dropping you message with contact details, give me a shout when you ready :thumbup:
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

thank you for your kind replies guys i messaged shaun
if realy p me off my head and body are wrecked i can do simple jobs but not intricate ones i have a fzr engine i started two years ago aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
im off for a kip all this typing is hard im dyslexic too ,promiss thats my last moan lol :silent: :shh:

ps i rang a licened Honda mechanic years service with Honda all models
Me ,can you help please can you do cam tensioners on my vtr?
mec, whatdoyou want done is it due replacements
me , no its only done 30 odd thousand i would like manual ones fitted
mec, sorry mate wont touch manual ones the wreck cam chains they dont move when chain calls for movement sorrry
if you get original one i will fit them
once again thank you :thumbup:

gilson

Post by gilson »

northmanuk wrote:thank you for your kind replies guys i messaged shaun
if realy p me off my head and body are wrecked i can do simple jobs but not intricate ones i have a fzr engine i started two years ago aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
im off for a kip all this typing is hard im dyslexic too ,promiss thats my last moan lol :silent: :shh:

ps i rang a licened Honda mechanic years service with Honda all models
Me ,can you help please can you do cam tensioners on my vtr?
mec, whatdoyou want done is it due replacements
me , no its only done 30 odd thousand i would like manual ones fitted
mec, sorry mate wont touch manual ones the wreck cam chains they dont move when chain calls for movement sorrry
if you get original one i will fit them
once again thank you Image
Once again this post shows what a caring and helpful bunch of people we are. Heart warming to read.
No bike (yet).
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

it was very helpful to talk to shaun hes very knowledgeable and the craic was good thanks once again to you shaun and mac top men
tomorrow im going to try to put something wise on the bottom of my page

hey mister does pi;;ing on the lemon tree make the lemons grow better

no but it sure pi;;es yor ma off (fastest indian)

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

gilson wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:03 pm
Once again this post shows what a caring and helpful bunch of people we are. Heart warming to read.
You can pish off you groveling toad ! :lol: :lol:

Only joshing ya Gilson... happy to help, glad Law & Shaun can get together & sort it out...

As for the honda tech...Typical be happy to charge you £400 parts & labour to fit a known 'fragile' componant & then rape you silly with parts & labour all over again when the motor sh1t's itself...

Done 1000s of miles on manuals with no damage to my engine...Repatedly falling off it ...? well thats diffrent :lol: :lol: :lol: