Just lost clocks and lights

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
Nx2k-boosted

Re: Just lost clocks and lights

Post by Nx2k-boosted »

Voltage is steady, so RR is good. Definitely need to go through all the grounds. Wonder if there is a diagram that shows them all, so I don’t miss any..
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Mike TW9

Post by Mike TW9 »

I had a similar problem last weekend- fuse blew twice in the space of a few miles resulting in no clocks or neutral light and on inspection, no rear light or break light, but the headlamp was ok.

I was pessimistically expecting to spend hours trying to trace the fault but... Bought some fuses, took the seat off, replaced fuse, electrics come back on but not the rear light. I then fiddled with the rear light wiring and the fuse blows. Taking a closer look I see that a couple of spare wires from the rear light (for the indicator function) I'd bundled up but omitted to insulate the ends of were near touching. Furthermore, the black wire from the rear light had become detached from the LED circuit board. Fortunately I had a spare rear light, so just a simple job of swapping it over.

Now running really nicely what with a new front tire & fork seals for the recent MOT and what a lovely day it was for a test run!