So it begins

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
sirch345
Site Admin

Re: So it begins

Post by sirch345 »

Bennyboy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:24 pm Evening all hope everyone’s keeping well, so I had a crf rear master cylinder fitted but unfortunately it didn’t perform like they have on other bikes in the past, so I then purchased a 2007 fire blade one and tracked down this little gem for it too and oh my what a difference it makes.

Also purchased a brembo front master cylinder and compared to what I had it’s made a huge difference again.

Evening Benny, Out of interest, what does the 2007 Fireblade rear brake master cylinder give you that the standard Firestorm master cylinder didn't? as it appears they have the same bore size of 14mm,

Chris.
Bennyboy

Post by Bennyboy »

sirch345 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:58 pm
Bennyboy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:24 pm Evening all hope everyone’s keeping well, so I had a crf rear master cylinder fitted but unfortunately it didn’t perform like they have on other bikes in the past, so I then purchased a 2007 fire blade one and tracked down this little gem for it too and oh my what a difference it makes.

Also purchased a brembo front master cylinder and compared to what I had it’s made a huge difference again.

Evening Benny, Out of interest, what does the 2007 Fireblade rear brake master cylinder give you that the standard Firestorm master cylinder didn't? as it appears they have the same bore size of 14mm,

Chris.

Purely the fact that I can add the reservoir bottle to the master cylinder, looks neater in my personal opinion
Bennyboy

Post by Bennyboy »

Grrrrrrr , nice sunny afternoon so I thought I’d go for a little ride and enjoy the old girl 4 miles setting off and the speedo dies lift the seat to see if anything has come loose and I can smell burning, bloody regulator rectifier has packed up 😡😡.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Bennyboy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 9:28 pm
sirch345 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:58 pm

Chris.

Purely the fact that I can add the reservoir bottle to the master cylinder, looks neater in my personal opinion
Ah yes of course, thanks for the reply :thumbup:

It does look neater you're right,

Chris.
Bennyboy

Post by Bennyboy »

So managed to get the r/r fitted and a new battery as the other one got toasted when it all went Pete tong. Will try and venture out over the next few days, let’s see how far I get this time
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Bennyboy wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:49 pm So managed to get the r/r fitted and a new battery as the other one got toasted when it all went Pete tong. Will try and venture out over the next few days, let’s see how far I get this time
Fingers crossed your ride-out goes better this time :thumbup:

Chris.