OP Storm Scotland 16th 17th 18th August 2019

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

AMCQ46

Re: OP Storm Scotland 16th 17th 18th August 2019

Post by AMCQ46 »

now Ireland trip is over I need to start working out the logistics on this trip!!!!!!1

I cant remember who has added their name to the list since the 1st booking, so need to check that, work out if I need to add more and tell them how many beds to make up.

need to plan a route that gets us to Hawick without losing the good bits of my route

need to plan in a stop at my brothers house to see his wife

need to work out who is bringing in all the beer & burgers for Friday

need to tell the bunkhouse how many people for the burger night [if they are doing one on Saturday again this year]

need to get my fork oil seal replaced and new brake pads as the fork has puked its contents into the brembos

need to work out what time we will get to Hawick so we can tell the weatherspoons

need to arrange the Friday ride up timings so we can collect people as we ride up

but other than that its good to go :lol:
AMcQ
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Sounds like you know what needs to be done
Do you need another set of hands to change that fork seal? They can be a pain when working on your own

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Al, how many places did I book? And who? I think it was Edward and WellGroomed (plus me of course). Is there a place for another one? Andy Wiltshire is looking keen.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:01 pm Al, how many places did I book? And who? I think it was Edward and WellGroomed (plus me of course). Is there a place for another one? Andy Wiltshire is looking keen.
yes you booked for 3, i will talk to them tomorrow, but I think there will be no problem getting a couple more in
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Pete.L wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 5:54 pm Sounds like you know what needs to be doneImage
Do you need another set of hands to change that fork seal? They can be a pain when working on your own

i will take it to the suspension shop, I dint do USD forks
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

AMCQ46 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:53 pm
KermitLeFrog wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:01 pm Al, how many places did I book? And who? I think it was Edward and WellGroomed (plus me of course). Is there a place for another one? Andy Wiltshire is looking keen.
yes you booked for 3, i will talk to them tomorrow, but I think there will be no problem getting a couple more in
Super, thanks.
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Am so looking forward to this trip. Sounds like you have it all in hand mate, just a to do list that needs ticked..... Easy :beer:
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

ok, checked with the bunkhouse people and the status is:

I have already booked and paid for 15 bunks for Friday and Saturday, there are 16 names on the list, and there are therefore 4 bunk spaces left.

before I increase the booking and confirm the bedding, who else is now wanting to join?

Andy Wiltshire
Gabi
??

Pete ... looks like only you and me on sunday, so we can relocate to Kirkcudbright house and have an evening in the pub on sunday night

also there is a gourmet burger night on the Saturday .. £18/head this can be paid on the day, but they need to know how many and what your choice would be
AMcQ
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

StormyRob wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:11 pm Am so looking forward to this trip. Sounds like you have it all in hand mate, just a to do list that needs ticked..... Easy :beer:
Robert, your in for a hell of a ride that's all I can say. ... these are the roads that made me love bikes as a teenager, and I haven't found anything better.......... there will be some dull main roads needed to connect the good bits, and a couple of single track sections for the same reason. but feck me the good bits are magical, and the single track will be fun for James on the Husky SM and those with flat bars on their storms
AMcQ
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

Can confirm Andy Wiltshire. All four of us will have the burger night. Staying Friday and Saturday. Let me know what I owe you and I'll BACS it over.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

Count me in for the Burger nite too.
It sounds like I’ll have to remember to pack a hanky to wave everyone off if we’re going to be the last men standing or would you rather make a move on the Sunday too?

My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i would safely say iv never been on roads so nice ever. cant wait..

also book 5 burgars for the irish mafia, any not eaten il get them down me :clap: :clap:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Yep, put me down for playing silly burgers.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
rollingthunderx2

Post by rollingthunderx2 »

Book me in Friday night, burgers beer n bed...I need to pay too.....
Can everyone check the menu above and pre order so there is a fast turn around on Sat lunch.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

rollingthunderx2 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:01 pm Book me in Friday night, burgers beer n bed...I need to pay too.....
Can everyone check the menu above and pre order so there is a fast turn around on Sat lunch.
So what we all call the restaurant separately?

I'm just wondering who you are mate? Not in a rude way... Just never saw activity from you before really :lol:
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.