Any advice?

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
markg

Any advice?

Post by markg »

hi all :)
on Friday i'm picking up my 99 firestorm and can't wait!!

anyone out there got any real good advice? ie what type of tyres and how long do they they last?is the tank range really so bad?do vtr's really eat chains and cush drives?etc etc

any words of wisdom on the subjest of firestorms will be appreciated :wink:
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Hello matey and welcome

I like D204s on mine. They wear well (4k on rear/6k on front) but are still sticky enough for me to get my knee/foot pegs on the floor once warm.

My bike has done 19k miles on the OE chain and sprockets and its still only half way down the adjustment setting and the cogs are fine.

The smaller tank is a bit of a pain (I had a 97 before my 02 model) but I guess it depends how many miles youll do on a daily basis - I do just over 100 miles a day so it meant I was filling up twice a day. On the new bike I only fill up once a day.

Have a scan accross all the previous posts on here-theres lots of interesting stuff

Cheers and welcome again
Wayne
markg

Post by markg »

thanks for the reply Wayne!

right after I posted my first message I got to browsing round the forum and feel wiser already :D
the fuel range is a bit worrying as I do a 60 mile round trip daily and have got used to filling up my old FZR every 3 days but guess i'll have to get used to filling up a bit more often!!
After test riding my VTR last week methinks i'll probably forgive it a few niggles coz it was so much fun to ride...roll on Friday when I pick it up!!...can't wait!