ART Single Slip-on...exhaust leak.

General Bike chat
twinbrd

ART Single Slip-on...exhaust leak.

Post by twinbrd »

I have fitted a single slip-on system that I got from Daz on this board, works great and looks great, but it leaks pretty bad at the bottom where it slips on. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I have slipped it on as far as it will go, but it has 3 tiny little gaps where they cut it and flanged it.

I have seen some automotive muffler repair kits, think something like this would help me?

Jon
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Hi-Temp Silicone gasket stuff or just plain old silicone sealer. It remains flexible and allows the pipe to come back off come MOT time.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Just noticed where you're from so I guess that the MOT won't be an issue! :oops:
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Isnt there supposed to be a gasket of some sort inside the pipe at the join?
Dandare2

Post by Dandare2 »

Most aftermarket pipes do not use that standard Honda gaskets that arew inside the original system, therefore they will leak from the flanges.

The only was is lots and lots of exhaust gasket putty, very cheap and a tube will last several MOT's (if that's an issue in Cali).
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

This is the stuff I usually use - LOCTITE® Product 5920 Copper High Performance Silicone RTV Gasket Maker
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Thats a nice catchy name - somebody in the Loctite marketing department deserves a pat on the back for it ! :lol: