New Speeding Fines

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
Wicky

New Speeding Fines

Post by Wicky »

Wow, these new guidelines coming into effect next month are harsh, particularly Band A starting from 1mph over the limit :eek2 Esp with widespread use of automatic cameras.

https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.uk/of ... ised-2017/

Seems in conflict with 10% tolerance that police usually apply

Speed Limit Fixed Penalty Court Summons
20 Mph . . . . . . 25 Mph . . . . . . . 35 Mph
30 Mph . . . . . . 35 Mph . . . . . . . 50 Mph
40 Mph . . . . . . 46 Mph. . . . . . . .66 Mph
50 Mph . . . . . . 57 Mph . . . . . . . 76 Mph
60 Mph . . . . . . 68 Mph . . . . . . . 86 Mph
70 Mph . . . . . . 79 Mph . . . . . . . 96 Mph
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
VTRDark

Re: New Speeding Fines

Post by VTRDark »

Scumbags!!!!!

I guess we can expect a few more crashes on Britain's roads then as folk slam on the anchors approaching camera's or loose concentration from the boredom of travelling at such slow speeds. Oh well it gives more time to get on the phone or play on the iPad :roll: I don't know how they can get away with the 1mph unless they are relying on folk not contesting with the threat of doubling fines if lost along with all the hassles and paperwork involved. This is simply revenue making and totally criminal IMO as it has nothing to do with road safety and in fact has the potential to cause accidents possibly injuring and killing folk.

What makes it worse is that society forces us into this system as public transport is expensive and crap so we are forced to require our own transport. How else are folk going to get to work on time and what about all those that require the use of roads to do their job. We really do need to go back to horse and cart. Lets see them trying to stick a speeding ticket on a horse.
==============================Enter the Darkside
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

1 mph over the limit is a bit harsh considering most oem speedos are not 100% accurate.
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

the uk is a joke, purely a money making scheme.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

1 mph over the limit is a bit harsh considering most oem speedos are not 100% accurate.
Another thought here. I wonder if this is some underhand way to get everyone to ditch older vehicles and buy newer ones that contain more accurate digital speedo's along with other computerised systems designed to spy and monitor us. And how many folk with older analogue speedo's can really be bothered to contest it. They need to make contesting fines a more simple straight forward process that does not take time out of peoples life's and without the scare tactics of doubling fines along with free legal help ie a solicitor or someone that knows all the loop holes to help those that can't afford it.

Actually fixed penalty's should be banned with the exception of those handed out by plod. Civil enforcement penalties are abused. Anyone committed of a offence should have to go through a court so it costs the gov money which will make them think twice about dishing it out in the first place. Ban civil enforcement people from nicking folk for financtional purposes only. Why doesn't Teresa May get fined for leaving her diary on the train. I wonder what security breaches may have been in that diary that can affect the public. Maybe she has her usernames and passwords to goverment computers written down in it which could have far more dangerous implications and affect 100's of 1000's of people.

The UK is fast becoming one of the most dangerous countries to live in accept the true criminals are the folk leading things. I'd rather die from a bullet in the head than be slowly squeezed from all the little finances I have and be forced onto the streets to starve to death or die from hypethermia. What an inhumane and screwed up country we live in. Yes it's not inhumane as in some countries but more underhand and we are slowly being tortured.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote:
Another thought here. I wonder if this is some underhand way to get everyone to ditch older vehicles and buy newer ones that contain more accurate digital speedo's along with other computerised systems designed to spy and monitor us. And how many folk with older analogue speedo's can really be bothered to contest it. They need to make contesting fines a more simple straight forward process that does not take time out of peoples life's and without the scare tactics of doubling fines along with free legal help ie a solicitor or someone that knows all the loop holes to help those that can't afford it.

Actually fixed penalty's should be banned with the exception of those handed out by plod. Civil enforcement penalties are abused. Anyone committed of a offence should have to go through a court so it costs the gov money which will make them think twice about dishing it out in the first place. Ban civil enforcement people from nicking folk for financtional purposes only. Why doesn't Teresa May get fined for leaving her diary on the train. I wonder what security breaches may have been in that diary that can affect the public. Maybe she has her usernames and passwords to goverment computers written down in it which could have far more dangerous implications and affect 100's of 1000's of people.

The UK is fast becoming one of the most dangerous countries to live in accept the true criminals are the folk leading things. I'd rather die from a bullet in the head than be slowly squeezed from all the little finances I have and be forced onto the streets to starve to death or die from hypethermia. What an inhumane and screwed up country we live in. Yes it's not inhumane as in some countries but more underhand and we are slowly being tortured.

Or stick to the posted limit or under if your not sure or the accuracy of your speedo...

Or always drive/ride with your Tin Foil hat firmly in place... :wink:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

They would lock me up for wearing my tin foil hat. Oh well, best place for me is a padded cell. Roof over my head and three meals a day along with free drugs....all free of charge, accept for being charged as a nutter. What more could one want. If I'm lucky I may even get a TV and playstation along with a VR head unit. It's got to be an easier life with less worries. Probably a better life too rather than having to go to work slaving away for peanuts. Maybe they could put me in a zoo and charge you lot entrance fee to come and visit me. :lol: Talking about work I have to go to work now :(
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

VTRDark wrote:They would lock me up for wearing my tin foil hat. Oh well, best place for me is a padded cell. Roof over my head and three meals a day along with free drugs....all free of charge, accept for being charged as a nutter. What more could one want. If I'm lucky I may even get a TV and playstation along with a VR head unit. It's got to be an easier life with less worries. Probably a better life too rather than having to go to work slaving away for peanuts. Maybe they could put me in a zoo and charge you lot entrance fee to come and visit me. :lol: Talking about work I have to go to work now :(
Talking of work...I'm still off on full pay .... :thumbup:
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
podman

Post by podman »

MacV2 wrote:
VTRDark wrote:

Or stick to the posted limit or under if your not sure or the accuracy of your speedo...

Or always drive/ride with your Tin Foil hat firmly in place... :wink:
+1

I believe legally your speedo can over read but not under read...older bikes certainly indicate well over the advertised speed, more accurate digital ones are sometimes bob on nowadays..but if you follow your speedo, your OK either way but as we know, thats easier said than done sometimes.

I agree, it is a money making scheme, as more people are now observing the limits, revenue has dropped so the old ACPO 10% =+2 MPH guidlelines dropped too, my MIL was done for 32MPH in a 30 last year..
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Anything to make a few bob from the general public.

Cheers for the heads up Wicky,

Chris.
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Have your debit card / cheque book handy from now on:

The new speeding system is split into three bands which rate the severity of the offence based on the speed limit.

Band A refers to an offence that is between one and 10mph over the stated speed limit.

For example a band A speeding offence in a 20mph zone would be from 21mph to 31 mph.

A band B offence is 11mph to 21mph above the stated speed limit and a band C offence is 21 mph and above the stated speed limit.

The starting point for a Band A fine is 50% of your weekly wage.

Band B starting point = 100% of your weekly wage

Band C starting point = 150% of your weekly wage rising up to 175%
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Hondo

Post by Hondo »

And with more and more black boxes and other digital spying methods, you will automatically get your minimum 3 points and a fine and the first thing you'll know about it is that letter through the post.

1 mph over a speed limit and you get 3 points? That's a bit strong. Think I'll move to Cuba. :shifty:
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

it looks like its time to paint our bikes Blue to slow them right down
AMcQ
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Good job I don't ride anymore !!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

i just got wrapped for 41 in a 30 and it cost me £93 :evil: ..and a half day at the, your a naughty boy course..
the older i get,the faster i was :lol: