Packaging!!!

General Biker Banter
StormyRob

Packaging!!!

Post by StormyRob »

Don't worry this isn't about a member Image

A few days I ordered a seat cowl for the bike as there is a crack on mine. Saw a very nice condition one on eBay and stuck in an offer of 30 for it. Good enough to take it.
This morning it came. Looked like this when I unpackaged it.

Sorry poor lighting!

Anyway looked ok for at least 1/10th of a second!

Then I saw it, a massive crack on it! Worse than the one I have.

I mean look at that!!!!!!! This was the packaging which explains it....

How ridiculous? Is it just me or would common sense have suggested one should package an item like that in a fair amount of bubble wrap/newspaper and then put it in a box? A plastic envelope!!

Rant over. Thanks for reading.
Rob

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
Last edited by StormyRob on Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you don't try you never know if you can do it.
TheGingerBeardMan

Re: Packaging!!!

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

Ach Jeez, now THAT's a bummer. :thumbdown:

You can claim everything back - as you have photographic proof of inedadquate or unsuitable packing materials for the contents within.

I had this a few years back when I bought a pipe ashtray, and the seller wrapped it up in ONE sheet of paper, then slung it in a jiffy bag. It arrived (no surprise) in a thousand bits. Ceramic was smashed to, well, smithereens.

Demand your money back from the seller, email him the photos as proof, and if it comes to it, raise a case.

The Post office, Royal Mail or Courier cannot be blamed, as looking at the packet, there is no fragile or warning labels on the polythene. It's purely down to seller responsibility.

Best of luck... :)
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
StormyRob

Re: RE: Re: Packaging!!!

Post by StormyRob »

TheGingerBeardMan wrote:Ach Jeez, now THAT's a bummer. Image

You can claim everything back - as you have photographic proof of inedadquate or unsuitable packing materials for the contents within.

I had this a few years back when I bought a pipe ashtray, and the seller wrapped it up in ONE sheet of paper, then slung it in a jiffy bag. It arrived (no surprise) in a thousand bits. Ceramic was smashed to, well, smithereens.

Demand your money back from the seller, email him the photos as proof, and if it comes to it, raise a case.

The Post office, Royal Mail or Courier cannot be blamed, as looking at the packet, there is no fragile or warning labels on the polythene. It's purely down to seller responsibility.

Best of luck... :)
Here's hoping. It was actually a breakers so they should be good enough to send the refund. Really wound me up! On the plus side the second hand bike shelter I ordered turned up so I'm hoping that's better...it is quite dirty but should function well..pictures later

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
TheGingerBeardMan

Post by TheGingerBeardMan »

We all know breakers sell millions of bits, and so packing costs are wanting to stay as low as possible. Which is fine using bags for small items (non perishable/breakable things), but I agree: plastics need to get sent in a box. As does glass (I wonder what they would have done of you asked for the headlight buld and dash / idiot lights? would they have been rattling round loose inside with the cowl? :think:

They're gonna blame the cost of shipping, and the time it would take to get a wee nyaff to box up the parts....then a box takes up space on the van...blah...blah. But this is as clear as day - their fault!

When asking for the refund (in which you keep the cowl), also ask for an extra few quid as you will now have to repair it. Whether you can repair it for free or not, is not their problem. But they need to offer extra....even if they provide a major percentage discount, valid for 3 months, on anything else you buy from them. If you don't ask, you don't get. :thumbup:
Last edited by TheGingerBeardMan on Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If it ain't broken...f*ck about with it until it is.

TAX: 1st March 2017
MOT: 16th March 2017
INS: 14th March 2017
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

Just raise a case from the off for a return. Add the photos as soon as you raise the case. Even if ebay have to step in they will refund you the money if the seller fails to and then claim back from them. worst case is paypal will step in but you shouldn't need to go that far. If you have to post back claim for the return postage as well.
If it aint broke, get your bloody hands off it!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

If that is worse than yours there is a place near me that sells little kits of fibreglass repair. You could grab one of those and have a go at repairing yours while we sort the rest of the storm out. I have all papers and that to rub it all down and some filler when its ready for it.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

jesus wept that is poor :(
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

VTR Phoenix wrote:If that is worse than yours there is a place near me that sells little kits of fibreglass repair. You could grab one of those and have a go at repairing yours while we sort the rest of the storm out. I have all papers and that to rub it all down and some filler when its ready for it.

I'm hoping to pick up another from Kev on here. That would save the bother. I messaged them and they said they'd refund. I just have to submit a return through eBay. No idea how to do that but I'll give it a go later.
At least I'm getting the refund

Many thanks though!
VTR Phoenix

Post by VTR Phoenix »

No worries Rob, bring your damaged one with you though and if I can repair it then you can decide what you want to do with it then. Either sell it or have a spare.

To start a return on ebay go to Purchase History, scroll to the item and on the right where it says Leave Feedback there is an arrow below it, click that and a drop down box will appear, there is an option there that says Return this Item. Click that and away you go.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

VTR Phoenix wrote:No worries Rob, bring your damaged one with you though and if I can repair it then you can decide what you want to do with it then. Either sell it or have a spare.

To start a return on ebay go to Purchase History, scroll to the item and on the right where it says Leave Feedback there is an arrow below it, click that and a drop down box will appear, there is an option there that says Return this Item. Click that and away you go.
Thanks for the offer Paul. I stuck it up on Facebook couple of days and it's actually sold. Making its way to Ireland infact!
Thanks though. Just have the one now which is going back to the seller. Shall sort the return that way this evening.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

Absolutely stupid sounding out parts like that in a plastic bag :thumbdown:

I'm glad you're going to be refunded Rob,

Chris.
StormyRob

Post by StormyRob »

Received another seat cowl from Kev this evening.
Have to say he should be teaching that other idiot how to package things.
The cowl was in a protective sleeve, loads.of bubble wrap and then in a box. Got to me in good shape and very happy with it.
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Often complimented on my package Rob, glad you're impressed :thumbup:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
macdee

Post by macdee »

Kev L wrote:Often complimented on my package Rob, glad you're impressed :thumbup:
Poor kev needs a stiffener now to get his protective sleeve on his package
told you not to but oh no you knew better
vardypeeps

Post by vardypeeps »

Aww good your getting a refund, that's just terrible packaging! Not hard to get an empty box from the corner shop...