"comfort" kit

General Bike chat
podman

"comfort" kit

Post by podman »

Any bought and using one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182344061974? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Would VFR750(model year 94-97 ?) bars offer more height than risers?

Thoughts and ideas most welcome.

Alas, I havent got several hundred pounds for things like variobars.

Thanks all.
agentpineapple

Re: "comfort" kit

Post by agentpineapple »

podman wrote:Any bought and using one of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182344061974? ... EBIDX%3AIT

Would VFR750(model year 94-97 ?) bars offer more height than risers?

Thoughts and ideas most welcome.

Alas, I havent got several hundred pounds for things like variobars.

Thanks all.
i seem to remember someone bought the bar riser part of the kit, and because he had the late model bars (slightly higher that the early model) the bars fowled the fairing, shouldn't be a problem with early model clip ons tho, and even if you do have the late model bars, it's easy and cheap enough to buys some early model bars and fit them with the comfort risers.
the other thing that could be an issue, is ground clearance with the foot pegs, but that depends on how far you lean your bike.
i quited like the idea of the kit, good for touring.
Last edited by agentpineapple on Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

not tied them, but I did the lazy solution of just pulling the bars up the forks and setting the angle by eye, that got me 15mm of lift and cost nothing. that method will also tell you how much you can raise your bars before they foul the faring.

in the end I went to flatbars and just the fairing and run reset pegs set further back than std, this makes the bike way more comfortable for distance and easier to ride fast on the roads.
AMcQ
podman

Post by podman »

Thanks for the info gents, I think(when I eventually get the bike home!) ill get this kit.
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

podman wrote:Thanks for the info gents, I think(when I eventually get the bike home!) ill get this kit.
let us all know how you get on mate
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
podman

Post by podman »

agentpineapple wrote:
podman wrote:Thanks for the info gents, I think(when I eventually get the bike home!) ill get this kit.
let us all know how you get on mate

100%, good or bad..
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

I've finnally got in contact with Trickbitz in Bury St Edmunds who make and sell the riser and footpeg drop kit for sale on eBay.

They say no fairing hacking is required but they haven't pics of the kit fitted on a Storm so I'm arranging to pop up early next month to see what''s going on.

It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
podman

Post by podman »

Wicky wrote:I've finnally got in contact with Trickbitz in Bury St Edmunds who make and sell the riser and footpeg drop kit for sale on eBay.

They say no fairing hacking is required but they haven't pics of the kit fitted on a Storm so I'm arranging to pop up early next month to see what''s going on.

Top work mate, please let us know how your visit goes...and see if they will offer a forum discount!
podman

Post by podman »

Wicky wrote:I've finnally got in contact with Trickbitz in Bury St Edmunds who make and sell the riser and footpeg drop kit for sale on eBay.

Did you get to visit them mate?
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Not yet - they were moving to different workshop - so not next week as I'm busy then but hopefully the week after.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Their comms are a disaster - I've emailed with no joy, tried telephoning but tel no. isn't working. https://www.trickbitz.info/new-page/

Sparodic messages seem to get through via ebay and although seeming intially keen for me to roll in to have them fitted but repeatedly fobbed off with excuses when I try to pin them down to a day and their whereabouts - 'Issues with email', 'hubby's away', 'moving premises', 'hubby's away again'. Either I'm unlucky, they are simply very disorganised or want to keep customers at arm's length.

Their feedback seems okay on ebay so they are happily shipping them out.

Edit. finally pinned them down so hopefully tomorrow I'll get em fitted. Photos to follow.

podman

Post by podman »

Good man, persistence overcomes resistance eventually!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Righty 20mm comfort risers fitted by Richard himself - all went well just some minimal filing required on retainer pins, and I'll need over the weekend to swivel clear a tight fitting aftermarket brake hose (we didn't risk doing it there as it will possibly necessitate a bit of brake bleeding) . Coming home it was a subtle and noticeable difference giving a slightly more upright posture - still good for 90mph+ :thumbup: , there's enough swivel adjustment to ensure nothing clips the fairing.

I'll need to pop back to get the footpegs droppers fitted as they need to mod the prototypes to gain an extra option. Great bunch and they kept me coffeed up to go with the biccies I took up, and they had moved premises which accounted for the odd comms, and seeing the size and variety of their CNC machines they had to move and set up as priority it was quite a distrutive period they are coming out off! They are very keen on producing more bike bits. Very effective set up and system for meeting ebay orders from stock.

Suggested they produce for the Firestorm; generator caps, MCCTs, and 2-piece exhaust manifold flanges. They gave me a 5mm slotted rear shock spacer so I'll bring that to the workshop day if anyone wants to try it.

http://www.prolineengineering.co.uk

Last edited by Wicky on Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Good to hear they have more than met expectations.

But my dumb question is "why do you need a spacer to raise the bars 20mm?"

I tried the same mod 2 years ago but didn't bother with a spacer. I just moved the clamps up 20mm and retightend them and it worked fine
AMcQ
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

AMCQ46 wrote:Good to hear they have more than met expectations.

But my dumb question is "why do you need a spacer to raise the bars 20mm?"

I tried the same mod 2 years ago but didn't bother with a spacer. I just moved the clamps up 20mm and retightend them and it worked fine

Coz Johns not a tight fisted Scooots wallet clamper...

Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...