99-00 Honda VTR Firestorm (Carb)

General Biker Banter
vardypeeps

99-00 Honda VTR Firestorm (Carb)

Post by vardypeeps »

Hi Guy's

I've been a member for a while but I've never really had many issues with my bike and not posted much.
Because of this I fall outside of the 50 post range for putting my bike up for sale on the forum.

I haven't taken any photos yet due to the above but I'm interested in selling for spares or repair.

Can someone grant me access to the Sale area on here as I'm sure members would be more interested in a possible spares/easy repair VTR compaired to some selling sites/tyre kickers :P

Too many memories with this bike to see it go but she's too thirsty for me. New Honda CB500 has a 200 mile tank range compaired to 90-100!

Thanks for your time anyway :)
Rob
popkat

Re: 99-00 Honda VTR Firestorm (Carb)

Post by popkat »

You joined in 2012, I can't remember the date the rules changed but it's later than 2012 so you get grandad rights and are ok to post in for sale, you should have access give it a try.

http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
vardypeeps

Post by vardypeeps »

Hello.

I double checked but there is no option to post New Topic.

Cheers for the PM MacV2 but I couldn't reply to that either so I haven't bothered taking any current photos.
I'm based in the Halifax, West Yorkshire area and have changed to a smaller 500cc Honda CB.

Just thought it would be more useful to the forum and I'm not prepared to spam the forum with messages just to bump my figure up.

I'll re-post in here when it's for sale on Gumtree/Autotrader etc.

Rob
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

New Honda CB500 has a 200 mile tank range compaired to 90-100!
Now this puts things into perspective and shows that the storm is not that bad on fuel. 50% less CC gives 50% more mileage.
==============================Enter the Darkside
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

cybercarl wrote:
New Honda CB500 has a 200 mile tank range compaired to 90-100!
Now this puts things into perspective and shows that the storm is not that bad on fuel. 50% less CC gives 50% more mileage.
But only 10% of the grin factor :thumbdown:
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I refrained from mentioning the grin factor. :wink: When you think how good CB500's have always been considered to be on fuel. Is this based simply on MPG or do they take any performance / thrill factors into the equation. If one one good MPG then they may as well get a vespa. I suppose what it boils down too is compromise between CC/MPG versus Power and more fun.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

cybercarl wrote:I refrained from mentioning the grin factor. :wink: When you think how good CB500's have always been considered to be on fuel. Is this based simply on MPG or do they take any performance / thrill factors into the equation. If one one good MPG then they may as well get a vespa. I suppose what it boils down too is compromise between CC/MPG versus Power and more fun.
CB500 is the sort of bike you using for commuting.
vardypeeps

Post by vardypeeps »

StormingHonda wrote:
cybercarl wrote:I refrained from mentioning the grin factor. :wink: When you think how good CB500's have always been considered to be on fuel. Is this based simply on MPG or do they take any performance / thrill factors into the equation. If one one good MPG then they may as well get a vespa. I suppose what it boils down too is compromise between CC/MPG versus Power and more fun.
CB500 is the sort of bike you using for commuting.
I'm an all round rider with no car licence. I find myself being comfortable in most weather conditions and a well riden 1995 CB500 is keeping up with the bigger bikes.
TBH the mileage wasn't that bad on the VTR, just had to stop too frequent on long rides which stopped me from riding as much and too easy to get up to ban speeds.

When you say thrill factor it all depends on where you get your thrills from I say.
Riding a 95 CB500 at full chat on the road is very interesting, concentrating hard on reading a corner as perfect as you can so your on the throttle as early as possible. Smooth movements because it's a bit of a heavy weight etc.

Amazing bike the VTR and got very used to it, a bit too much though as I was getting carried away with speed.

After this week the winter commuter is coming out. Little 2013 Suzuki Van Van 125 offers a surprisingly good amount of grip on those weird Dunlop K180 tyres and the lean angles are just daft, you don't need to brake hardly ever.

Rob.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

When you say thrill factor it all depends on where you get your thrills from I say
Pete was referring to his petticoat. :lol:
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

cybercarl wrote:
When you say thrill factor it all depends on where you get your thrills from I say
Pete was referring to his petticoat. :lol:
And lets not forget my new suspenders :D
vardypeeps wrote:When you say thrill factor it all depends on where you get your thrills from I say.
I can respect that. I've often harped on about when I had my old XJ550 and how much fun it was at 55-65 around the lanes near me and then, later on, to get the same thrill on my CBR1000F I was doing the same bends at 85.
There is definately something about getting the most of what you've got :thumbup:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal