End of Season VTR Club Track Day

Get on yer bike and lets rumble!!

Moderators: AMCQ46, geodude

Miztaziggy

Re: End of Season VTR Club Track Day

Post by Miztaziggy »

Nah it's wet, but still having fun, got the wet tyres on now. Once they're warmed up you can forget it's wet and still knee down.

Yep, OPL is just that, go out as much or little as you like, it's much more relaxed than a normal rack day.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Well, had a cracking day in the end yesterday.

Was wet in the morning right up until about 2.30pm. We changed to wets on 1 bike and just took turns to ride. We managed to get some real confidence in the tyres, so much so we both had knee down round some properly wet bits. Personally I think I had more fun in the wet than I normally do in the dry.

When it did dry up, we switched back to Supercorsas and went for it, it was great.

The first year we did track days we managed about 2:10 laps at Cadwell. Yesterday we managed a 1:47 so we were both very happy with that. Cracking day all in all :-) Can't wait to go back in October now.

Anyway, my brother took some pictures during the wet part of the day:

freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

:thumbup:
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Anyone going on this want a 20 litre Gerry Can? Basically good condition with a bit of paint missing.

I've got an option on three at £9.50 each but I don't want to post them. I'd take them to Cadwell though.
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Cracking day at Anglesey today. A bit wet in the morning but it dried up and the grip is excellent. Looking forward to Cadwell now.

Anyone thinking of heading over Sunday evening?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

yes, i plan to drive over sunday with the bike on the trailer and either use the little 1 man tent or sleep in the back of the car.
so I will see you there :thumbup: :beer:
AMcQ
freeridenick

Post by freeridenick »

Excellent.
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

Yeah I'll be there Sunday evening too. Could well be a cold night, be sure to bring plenty of layers.

Looking forward to it though.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

I'll be driving down in the van Sunday so that I can get the tent up before it gets dark.
I'll bring a big enough tent for all who are staying, so let me know who wants a space?

The only "rent" will be giving me a hand to put it up and get it down again.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

Chris, just looked again at page 1 and it says it is a 105dB noise day, could I get away with race cans?

I have already fitted the std cans but I know the bike fuels better on the Remus cans so might want to put them back on on the day
AMcQ
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

tony.mon wrote:I'll be driving down in the van Sunday so that I can get the tent up before it gets dark.
I'll bring a big enough tent for all who are staying, so let me know who wants a space?

The only "rent" will be giving me a hand to put it up and get it down again.
Tony - let me know what time you'll be there and my brother and I will get there similar time to get set up.

We'll bring a BBQ and some meat for Sunday evening.
AMCQ46 wrote:Chris, just looked again at page 1 and it says it is a 105dB noise day, could I get away with race cans?

I have already fitted the std cans but I know the bike fuels better on the Remus cans so might want to put them back on on the day
Hard to say Al.

At a guess I would say you'll be fine with the Remus cans. Obviously can't be sure, but they test at 5,500 RPM with a 1000cc. On my GSXR with a race can and no baffle it's 101-102dB. I would think that if you have a removable baffle, you'll almost certainly be fine.
At Silverstone this year we found out they test the fast group at full 7,500 RPM as they do for 600s. Same exhaust was 109dB. I put a baffle and some packing in and it went down to 102dB. After the test, I took it all out and never tripped the drive by noise limiter.
If I were you, I would leave the Remus cans on, bring a removable baffle and some wire wool / wadding. Worst comes to worst, just wrap the baffle in the wadding, pass the test then take it out.
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

i will bring the race cans and fit them after the noise test ;)
AMcQ
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

Is virt still spectator?? I might come and do some photos ? If it's not raining !!
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

I just squeezed through a the Cadwell noise test will a couple of carbon fiber cans that had lost all the wadding. Half way through the day the can developed massive hole and it got very loud as you can imagine. I though i was sure to be kicked off but they never did.

However, on another occasion i did notice that at the sound test they noted whether it was a standard can and if it had removable baffles.

Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

AMCQ46 wrote:i will bring the race cans and fit them after the noise test ;)
I would fit them before if I were you, they mark on the paperwork if the cans have a baffle in and I guess if they're standard cans.
If you're caught changing them after the noise test you aren't allowed back on track.
lumpyv wrote:Is virt still spectator?? I might come and do some photos ? If it's not raining !!
Not sure, haven't seen him on here for ages.
Do you have a camera?
If not, I'll bring my DSLR and telephoto lenses along to use.