Insurance

Best deals in town
Kurt999

Insurance

Post by Kurt999 »

Hey all,

I've not been around here much lately, but it's time to get the storm re-insured and I wondered if any of you had recommendations for decent insurers?
I've done compare the meerkat and MCE come up cheapest but I've seen some of their repairs and they are shocking. I'm almost tempted to go TPFT and do my own repairs if I bin it.

Wht do the masses think??

Thanks

K

:-)
Insurance: Bennetts CH24823B Exp 21/07/17
Mot Exp: 22/05/2017
Tax Exp: TBA
agentpineapple

Re: Insurance

Post by agentpineapple »

iirc kurt, MCE will be the cheapest but the excess is £800 to £900.... :eek2 :eek2 :eek2 :eek2
this year I decided to pay a little bit more and go with a more respected insurer in carol nash. it cost me about £60 more than MCE, but it benefits from protected ncb, £100 excess and full European breakdown cover, all for the extra £60. seemed like a no brainer to me.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kurt999

Post by Kurt999 »

Thanks AP!!

Are you guys declaring your mods?

I just got quoted £75 TPFT for a standard bike with Bennetts, which went up to over £200 with road legal cans, belly pan, braided hoses and my Rogered forks and Nitron shock. I didn't dare ask about comp, which was £155 on a standard bike

NU don't give a crap if i take my car to Kwik Fit and have a pair of shocks and an exhaust fitted so what's that all about?

K

agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

with carol nash you can declare lots of mods, I declared a full exhaust system, upgraded brakes, upgraded suspension and a few other things. first time I've used carol nash, and tbh you won't know how good they are until a claim is made.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Kurt999

Post by Kurt999 »

Thanks again AP, I'll give them a go!

K

Saintsman27

Post by Saintsman27 »

I eventually had MCE but not after doing some homework and seeing what was
On offer Bennets and Hastings were equally as good and cheap but went with MCE and they
Dropped thier quote drastically after I quoted what was on others......they had all my relevant
details so no tricky questions and well TBH quote was £15 over B or H...give them a ring and
Haggle to get it down M8.... :thumbup:
Kurt999

Post by Kurt999 »

I went with Bennetts in the end. The bloke at Carol Nash sounded about 12 and really didn't have a clue what I was talking about. MCE have massive excesses which I guess is why they are cheap. The advisor at Bennetts seemed genuinely interested in bikes and we had a long chat about many bike related things. And when the Speed Trip comes up for renewal I can combine the bikes onto one policy and merge my 2 lots of NCB. Job done, time for a :beer: (once I've been for A RIDE!!)
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

Carole Nash 6 wheel policy works OK for me but they will not touch a bike with any mods on that policy
KermitLeFrog

Post by KermitLeFrog »

StuartWags wrote:Carole Nash 6 wheel policy works OK for me but they will not touch a bike with any mods on that policy
Do "Mods" include aftermarket cans?
"I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I squandered" (George Best, RIP)
Watty

Post by Watty »

KermitLeFrog wrote:
StuartWags wrote:Carole Nash 6 wheel policy works OK for me but they will not touch a bike with any mods on that policy
Do "Mods" include aftermarket cans?
Anything other than how it left the factory! Including stickers in extreme cases :roll:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!