Me on me Buell cos I aint got a pic of me on me VTR

want to know what we all look like? take a peek to see the good the bad and the downright ugly !
redpig

Re: Me on me Buell cos I aint got a pic of me on me VTR

Post by redpig »

Had two long test rides on buells first one with harley engine second with buell engine and loved every minute. Only things put me off besides price was the see thru false tank and if i remember correctly 8l in the frame
ook
Pon

Post by Pon »

redpig wrote:Had two long test rides on buells first one with harley engine second with buell engine and loved every minute. Only things put me off besides price was the see thru false tank and if i remember correctly 8l in the frame
Fuel in the frame and oil in the swinging arm :) Keeps everything compact and the exhaust that weighs a ton acts like a keel on a boat.
If at first you don't succeed - tools down and go for a ride.
Pon

Post by Pon »

Probably asking for a pull without baffles, it's a lot quieter with 8inch baffles - question is if I make em 4inch baffles would they be half loud and half quiet?
TURN YOUR VOLUME UP
[youtube][/youtube]
Pon

Post by Pon »

Another 11 posts and I can start spamming the sales and wants and sending you all private messages - ONLY KIDDING
Pon

Post by Pon »

Pon wrote:Hot off the press, available for free download. http://www.trdarchive3.co.uk/shop/the-r ... issue-192/
Just in case you missed it :)
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

When Dock Gate 20 opened in Southampton we booked a Buell day test ride , i had the XBR thunderbolt thingy and my mate had the other one, We had them for 4 hrs and it was simply awesome. They looked great etc. We did the swanage trip through the forest and ferry etc. Great day. I really considered being one. The handling was great etc, small butt end basically everything i liked. 3 months later i went back to have another look and that same bike was there and looked 10 years old, rusty in places and the engine was dull and furry. Now daily down to the shop but it looked sad and like it had never been washed etc. It put me right off. Now the newest one looks like it has front panniers it looks totally naff.

I went to looms the other day and a Girlie was on a silver one, it had the underslung Remus can and it was lovely. She had a great elbow too.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Pon

Post by Pon »

bigtwinthing wrote:When Dock Gate 20 opened in Southampton we booked a Buell day test ride , i had the XBR thunderbolt thingy and my mate had the other one, We had them for 4 hrs and it was simply awesome. They looked great etc. We did the swanage trip through the forest and ferry etc. Great day. I really considered being one. The handling was great etc, small butt end basically everything i liked. 3 months later i went back to have another look and that same bike was there and looked 10 years old, rusty in places and the engine was dull and furry. Now daily down to the shop but it looked sad and like it had never been washed etc. It put me right off. Now the newest one looks like it has front panniers it looks totally naff.

I went to looms the other day and a Girlie was on a silver one, it had the underslung Remus can and it was lovely. She had a great elbow too.
Cool, I have the XB9R with LSL bar conversion. The new Buells are EBR. I'd love one like this one http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Buell-EBR-ERI ... 2031806918
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

yeh nice but those Rads aaaaargh. Its a bit KTM though aint it.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Pon

Post by Pon »

bigtwinthing wrote:yeh nice but those Rads aaaaargh. Its a bit KTM though aint it.
I could live with that :thumbup:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

That is quite the collection of bikes you posted there. The Blue Trident is lovely. :beer:
==============================Enter the Darkside
redpig

Post by redpig »

Eyup Pon how's the bar conversion going?
ook