Ariel Ace

General Bike chat
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Ariel Ace

Post by Pete.L »

If you thought the Ariel Atom was a funky car now have a look at what they have done for a bike :D

My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
Motomvk

Re: Ariel Ace

Post by Motomvk »

That's the normal one, the gurder suspension one looks even crazier

Mav617

Post by Mav617 »

Urgh - horrid
I'm so unlucky that if there is such a thing as re-incarnation I'll come back as me!
macdee

Post by macdee »

:eek2
told you not to but oh no you knew better
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

I like the induction noise in the video, it's intoxicating for sure :thumbup: Good to see the showroom back at base and learn a little more about these bikes. I didn't know they used the V4 Honda VFR 1200 engine,

Chris.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

I thought it was a V twin with a two into one when I first heard it :thumbup:
I'm not too much into the girder front end myself but I always like to see something new and pretty much original :plainsmile
Quite fancy a go on the one from the video. It looks like it might handle okay but I would guess it's a little top heavy

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

the configurator on their site is a bit of fun, this is probably how I'd order one...

If it's a bespoke V-twin you want to spend lots of money on, a Hesketh might be more you're style
http://www.heskethmotorcycles.co.uk

bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

sirch345 wrote:I like the induction noise in the video, it's intoxicating for sure :thumbup: Good to see the showroom back at base and learn a little more about these bikes. I didn't know they used the V4 Honda VFR 1200 engine,

Chris.

the cars use Honda engines, and they like them, the build quality is superb. These bikes look stunning, sound superb and look so different. I would also add they are built superbly.
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Motomvk

Post by Motomvk »

TravisZack wrote:the configurator on their site is a bit of fun, this is probably how I'd order one...

If it's a bespoke V-twin you want to spend lots of money on, a Hesketh might be more you're style

I think that Hesketh, as cool as it is, looks a bit frumpy, I'd take a Norton commando over that any day

Watty

Post by Watty »

Motomvk wrote:That's the normal one, the gurder suspension one looks even crazier

Wonder if they do it in TEAL :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
Watty

Post by Watty »

Motomvk wrote:
TravisZack wrote:the configurator on their site is a bit of fun, this is probably how I'd order one...

I think that Hesketh, as cool as it is, looks a bit frumpy, I'd take a Norton commando over that any day

Yip love the Norton :thumbup:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
adyf

Post by adyf »

Just gonna add this as an aside , got talking to a Honda mechanic at a dealers as I fancied the vfr 1200 ,he'd had it in for new plugs and they had to drain the coolant and remove the front rad to get to the front heads total time with removing fairings etc was 5 HOURS ! Don't know how much Honda mechanics are charged out at but that is bloody ridiculous , poor design from Honda was taken aback and now looking at sommat else
Motomvk

Post by Motomvk »

Watty wrote:
Motomvk wrote:That's the normal one, the gurder suspension one looks even crazier

Wonder if they do it in TEAL :lol:
Why would you want a slower version? :eh:
TravisZack

Post by TravisZack »

Motomvk wrote:I think that Hesketh, as cool as it is, looks a bit frumpy, I'd take a Norton commando over that any day

The new Norton's do look good, they're apparently a bit gutless but one guy made a modern Triton and got it closer to 100bhp.
This I really like!
http://www.bikeexif.com/triton-norton-961

The Hesketh is a bit lardy in looks but when you're sat on it it feels tiny, it's very narrow. All that weight is in the beasty engine though and it's no slouch. A stripped back version without the extra fuel tank (there's one in the belly pan) and some clip-ons would be interesting.
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

TravisZack wrote:
The new Norton's do look good, they're apparently a bit gutless but one guy made a modern Triton and got it closer to 100bhp.
This I really like!
http://www.bikeexif.com/triton-norton-961
Cheers for that info T/Z :thumbup: Having owned two Tritons myself years ago it was great to read that guy's modern take on one. Impressive torque figures from it too 8)

Chris.