Renntec rack/grab rail bracket

Moderator: VTRDark

fabiostar

Renntec rack/grab rail bracket

Post by fabiostar »

Anybody need one of these, its the bracket that fits into the frame to allow the grabrail/rack to be fitted.. nothing wrong with it i just no longer have either fitted to the bike...

£20 about right posted to any of you fine gents..

:thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
agentpineapple

Re: Renntec rack/grab rail bracket

Post by agentpineapple »

that's a very good price Fabio. glws mate...... :thumbup:
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

agentpineapple wrote:that's a very good price Fabio. glws mate...... :thumbup:
somebody may aswell get use out of it :thumbup:
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

I've always been averse to fitting boxes on sports bikes, but I would ride mine much more if it had a box on it. How strong are they? Will they hold a decent size top box?
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

mattycoops43 wrote:I've always been averse to fitting boxes on sports bikes, but I would ride mine much more if it had a box on it. How strong are they? Will they hold a decent size top box?
Matty he's only selling the bracket that fits onto the subframe. This then allows either a grab rail or a rack to be fitted. I had a compleate one that I sold on & IIRC the max load on the rack was only something like 5 or 8 kg. It's not designed to have a box fitted to it.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

mattycoops43 wrote:I've always been averse to fitting boxes on sports bikes, but I would ride mine much more if it had a box on it. How strong are they? Will they hold a decent size top box?
what Mac said.. i had a box on mine for a week and didnt trust it bouncing about lol.... the rack and or grab rail needs the bracket i have to fit to the bike. i have a rack aswell but the middle mount is broken on it so no need to keep the bracket.
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

Can you use the seat cowl with it on? I could be interested with the broken rack.

Yes postage may be a smidge more for me. :D
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

NZSpokes wrote:Can you use the seat cowl with it on? I could be interested with the broken rack.

Yes postage may be a smidge more for me. :D
lol a smidge :D . but yes you can use the cowl with those. i had it on mine and it fitted dead on.
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Yes I realise it's just the bracket, but that's what I'm asking about. i had one on my fazer, rated for 3kg but it was tube steel and I went to keswick and back with a wknds camping gear strapped to it.

I know the storm ones are flimsier, just wondering how useable it is, just want a box that will hold a couple of helmets and wet suits.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

mattycoops43 wrote:Yes I realise it's just the bracket, but that's what I'm asking about. i had one on my fazer, rated for 3kg but it was tube steel and I went to keswick and back with a wknds camping gear strapped to it.

I know the storm ones are flimsier, just wondering how useable it is, just want a box that will hold a couple of helmets and wet suits.
the brackets are strong old things cause they slid inside the frame at the rear.. i just wouldnt be going putting a load of camping gear in it :eek2
grumpyfrog

Post by grumpyfrog »

Not sure about that. That's the set up I have used for all my trips. Normally put the tent on first as the poles give solid Base . With the lip on the rack 1 roll bag on it, the other roll bag on the rear seat and bungeed together. :thumbup:
Don't hassle me
I'll get there at some time
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

grumpyfrog wrote:Not sure about that. That's the set up I have used for all my trips. Normally put the tent on first as the poles give solid Base . With the lip on the rack 1 roll bag on it, the other roll bag on the rear seat and bungeed together. :thumbup:
happy days. i just never used mine much when i got throw overs.
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

If you get a bit of spare time could you see what the postage to Auckland, New Zealand would be? I can fix the rack, Im good at really big ugly welds.
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

NZSpokes wrote:If you get a bit of spare time could you see what the postage to Auckland, New Zealand would be? I can fix the rack, Im good at really big ugly welds.
yeah no problems at all sir il do that. il nip down in the morn and get a price for you :thumbup: the bit that broke is the center lug in the middle, otherwise its all grand.