BHP Figure

General Bike chat
bigtwinthing

BHP Figure

Post by bigtwinthing »

Hello all I've just read this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR1000 ... SwUdlWe~HG

I thought realistically that Storm do about 105bhp max without modding and about 109bhp with K and N and jets. surely 112 at the wheel aint do,able is it. Mr Mon would know i am sure as he has tried most things ( ooer does that sound bad?) ( with braces on though eh!) :lol:
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
Stephan

Re: BHP Figure

Post by Stephan »

bigtwinthing wrote:Hello all I've just read this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-VTR1000 ... SwUdlWe~HG

I thought realistically that Storm do about 105bhp max without modding and about 109bhp with K and N and jets. surely 112 at the wheel aint do,able is it. Mr Mon would know i am sure as he has tried most things ( ooer does that sound bad?) ( with braces on though eh!) :lol:
I got 112 bhp with bmc filter and full system. Later on another dyno (much more professional) with restrictive baffles and paper filter it was 107. So I tend to believe it is possible, but not with stock headers.

Honestly, you just need to find dyno with positive attitude, where customers feel happy seeing high figures :D
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I had 111bhp on one of my old bikes, kev nicknamed it the exxon Valdese because it was burning oil on the over run, it had a lightened flywheel and aftermarket end cans. from what i'm led to believe engines can give there best power figures just before they go bang.
oh and I have no reason to disbelieve the dyno, because the same dyno gave my yellow bike 105bhp, and that has a full big bore system with factory pro jet kit. and stick coil conversion.
but as Stephan said, dyno's can be manipulated to give customer satisfaction... :wink:
btw it's a nice looking bike, shame the decals on the rear fairing have been put in the wrong place, probably a sign that the bikes had a respray.
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

nice looking bike i have to say.. as others have said depends how the dyno man works 8O . i know mine with a few we mods has shown 109 on a dyno that i trust so that one mite not be far of the mark :thumbup:
the older i get,the faster i was :lol:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Bung the Dyno man an extra tenna and you can get 150bhp from a standard storm :wink:
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

lloydie wrote:paint your storm yellow and you can get 150bhp from a standard storm :wink:
fixed :lol:
Stephan

Post by Stephan »

fabiostar wrote:
lloydie wrote:paint your storm yellow and you can get 150bhp from a standard storm :wink:
Remove zero and it's getting close :D
Watty

Post by Watty »

lloydie wrote:Bung the Dyno man an extra tenna and you can get 150bhp from a standard storm :wink:
TENNA!! :lol: :lol: KevL :lol: :lol: Sorry Kev :D
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

Stephan wrote:
fabiostar wrote:
Add a zero and it's getting close :D
.. :clap: :clap:
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Completely std ones struggle to get to 100Bhp rear wheel, modifying with cans on std headers and a filter around 105-107, additional tuning gets you more but every subsequent Bhp cost more and more from that point on.
Cams, high comp pistons, gas flowed heads, oversized valves, enlarged airbox, lots of jetting and dyno time and you'll see 120-130. But in my experience it's fun but you'd be better off selling it and buying something with more power to start with.
But then, the easy way isn't as much fun, is it?
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
bigtwinthing

Post by bigtwinthing »

tony.mon wrote:Completely std ones struggle to get to 100Bhp rear wheel, modifying with cans on std headers and a filter around 105-107, additional tuning gets you more but every subsequent Bhp cost more and more from that point on.
Cams, high comp pistons, gas flowed heads, oversized valves, enlarged airbox, lots of jetting and dyno time and you'll see 120-130. But in my experience it's fun but you'd be better off selling it and buying something with more power to start with.
Thanks Tony. i agree. besides its the bugger riding it that counts. ( i say this all the time after Poppers VFR750 lesson ) :lol:

Um any piccys of the SP yet?
missing the noise, not the vibes. However never say never!
fabiostar

Post by fabiostar »

tony.mon wrote:Completely std ones struggle to get to 100Bhp rear wheel, modifying with cans on std headers and a filter around 105-107, additional tuning gets you more but every subsequent Bhp cost more and more from that point on.
^^^what he said... its the tinkering thats the fun bit :thumbup:
sirch345
Site Admin

Post by sirch345 »

The earlier Storms made more bhp, simples :shh: :D

Chris.
-Floris-

Post by -Floris- »

Especially the red ones :) I got 115 at the dyno. Only (as far as I know) open cans and a modded kn filter. Because it's more than you would think I'm curious how it performs on another Dyno.
It's sad that, in our blindness we gather thorns for flowers
lumpyv

Post by lumpyv »

lloydie wrote:Bung the Dyno man an extra tenna and you can get 150bhp from a standard storm :wink:
lol.

anyone ever used all these horsies ??
3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the worlds population.