newbie from Perth Western Australia

General Bike chat
philm

newbie from Perth Western Australia

Post by philm »

hi all,
Just a hello from Perth western Australia
Have been mixing it with the VFR guys and gals on UK honda vfr club.
I recently bought a VFR vtec,had it for 6 months and then decided I was still in love with vtr1000's.Had a vtr for 5 years,red one of course with
corbin seat staintunes lower fairing,single bubble screen etc.Have passed in the vtec and now have 2002 model vtr1000 in blue.Still in the process of
obtaining the usual after market bits.This time I'm going for the hi rise
staintunes,nws hugger,geelong carbon engine fairing and tank protector
and the corbin seat.Takes awhile to get here???still waiting!
Amazing you people are in the deep freeze at the moment,and here its too bloody hot to go out riding!Have been getting daily temperatures of
around the 38-41 degrees celcius for the last month or so.
Anyway have fun guys,take care on those icey roads hope to communicate again soon
regards philm
philm/Stormboy
Pete

Post by Pete »

Howdy :D
Peter Brennan.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Pete wrote:Howdy :D
Shouldn't that be "G'day" ?? :lol:
Stormtrooper

Post by Stormtrooper »

Quite right al,& as the adds say he who drinks "oustrailian" :wink: hic!!
thinks australian 8)
and i belive they also say down old glesga way
if yea canberra then here will have to do :oops: ouch sorry for that one

& oh yea & hi there fella
jooshead

Post by jooshead »

Hi Phil,

G'day!! :D

VTEC smeetech I say, cubes and carbs ahhhhhh that's better! :biggrin
Pete

Post by Pete »

:oops: Sorry lads, too much time spent on an American forum.

Anyway...

G'day

Bienvenue

'daach

Dia duit

Buenes dias

Meshuggenah

:D
Peter Brennan.
Squirrel

Post by Squirrel »

Phil
I'd be interested to know how you go with your corbin seat. I just got mine after ordering 2 months ago. I'm in Melbourne, so it may be coming by the same distributor.

The seat is great, except the steel tongue that is supposed to engage in the bracket at the rear of the petrol tank is too short. When the seat is in place, it can be pulled up at the front. I have tried adjusting the locking catch at the rear and pushing it forward as hard as possible but I can still pull the seat up at the front. I took it back to the local Honda dealer, who ordered it for me and they agreed it is just wrong. We even tried it on a 97 model, in case it had changed with the larger petrol tank in 2001 (mine is a 2002).

The distributor in NSW said they would take it back and see if they could modify it, or give me some cash back if I want to fix it. I figure I'll take the latter option, as it should be quite easy to fix a thin piece of metal to it to extend it about 1 centimetre.

What's ironic is, about 3 years ago I got a corbin for my Blackbird and the steel tongue was too long and hit the shock mounting bolt before it was far enough forward to fit into place. That fix was a bit easier. Shame they can't get these little things right, when they make such a nice seat otherwise.
Regards, Squirrel.
philm

Post by philm »

yeh squirrel hows it going?
funny you mention the corbin seat problem,Ive just had the same experience with my new bike vtr1000 2002/3
I just recently purchased a corbin seat and i'm damned if it will fit this latest vtr.same problem you are having the tongue isnt long enough and
the seat keeps lifting at the front.On my original vtr ala '97 model the corbin seat fitted like a glove,but this one just doesnt want to.I think the
problem is that corbin havent kept up with the times and havent made allowances for the larger capacity fuel tank.I sent corbin an email and they responded straight away which I thought was really good,but they did say that they have'nt as yet tooled up for the latest model, which i find strange as the tank shape has been out since 2001.I did take the seat to a local auto upholsterer and he said that it could be altered to fit
but I'm seriously thinking about taking it back and having my dosh refunded.What do you think?
let me know.Hey my hi rise staintunes arrived today,in the process of nutting the fitting out .Lot more complex that the 'ol low mount ones.
Keep in touch
regards Phil.can give you my email address if you wish to correspond
mate.cu

?
philm/Stormboy