Marty aka Zer0Zer0

General Biker Banter
sirch345
Site Admin

Marty aka Zer0Zer0

Post by sirch345 »

We lost Marty (Zer0Zer0) to a terrible illness sometime ago (some of you longer term members will remember him I'm sure).

I saw Marty's avatar come up yesterday on the Portal Index page.

You may be gone, but you're not forgotten.

RIP Marty,

Chris.
macdee

Re: Marty aka Zer0Zer0

Post by macdee »

Hard when you loss a mate sirch

RIP ZERO
told you not to but oh no you knew better
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

when i was lurking before joining, i was reading marty's posts as the condition worsend...... at the time i remember thinking he felt like the kind of person that you wished you knew, as he was a deep character, and had such strength and humility.

world will be a sadder place every time we loose people like that :(
AMcQ
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

We ride, that's risky no matter how careful you are, and so we will lose one every so often.
Thankfully very few.
But illness always seems less fair, somehow.

I never met him but he was a brave fella, from his posts. Knew what was coming, and to my mind that makes it harder.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

sirch345 wrote:We lost Marty (Zer0Zer0) to a terrible illness sometime ago (some of you longer term members will remember him I'm sure).

I saw Marty's avatar come up yesterday on the Portal Index page.

You may be gone, but you're not forgotten.

RIP Marty,

Chris.
Nicely spotted Chris,
I was only thinking of him the other day. Yep a real character and not afraid to share his life troubles with us quite publically on here. I'll never forget the strength and determination of his partner either, Especially when she wrote for him when he was too sick to right for himself.
All hail Norma! All Hail the Spork!
Good memories and sad memories all mixed together.

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal
kevg

Post by kevg »

All Hail the Spork indeed Pete, I still giggle when I see them.

Marty was a great laugh and his funeral was no exception, those of us who were there didn't know wither to laugh or cry half the time, not often you hear Porky Pig and the Goons at a funeral.

I'd never really heard of MND before and seeing what it did to Marty shocked me, I dropped in every now and then on my way up to work in Aberdeen over the year it took for it to claim him and he still kept his sense of humour through it all, with his rock Norma by his side.

Happy and sad memories all rolled into one.
cheerz

kev
tattie

Post by tattie »

Aye we had a few laughs,
I mind the night we all met up in Johnny Foxes in Inverness before we went on a fantastic run over the west, there were a good few of us there that night.
Marty, Cuppa, Kev, Zipper, Iggy, Rainmaker, Grahame? and the lad from Aberdeenshire and his misses and me, probably a few I have forgotten about.

I can mind all of us sitting outside the mountain coffee shop in Gairloch in brilliant sunshine and stopping for pictures along the way.
That was the day I sconed the seagull at the top of Glascarnoch and cracked the fairing and, Graeme? taking off after a cheecky chap on a TL that egged him on for a bit of "spirited" 8O 8O 8O 8O riding on the single track road just before Applecross, turned out he was just a young loon!!!

The views from the top of the Bealach-na-ba and lining up waiting to get petrol at Lochcarron, aye good memories.

I still have a few pictures from the run and night before and one that always makes me laugh is of Marty sitting on a table in Johnny foxes like he was pretending to drive a racing car :lol: :lol: :lol: and I nearly forgot about the magical ingredient that rainmaker had that turned pints solid :wink:

I was always saddened by the fact I could'nt make the trip that a few others on here made to see Marty when he was in Bridge of Cally, but he enjoyed the wee dram I sent him.

Absent friends, gone but not forgotten

Cheers
A.M.
Common sense ain't all that common!
iggy1966

Post by iggy1966 »

One of life's true Nutters but thoroughly brilliant with it :D

So pleased we all went up to see him and spend some time with the Great man.
The weekends in Windermere and Inverness where stuff of legends.

We are safe in the Knowledge that he will be causing mayhem up there as we speak!!!! :clap:
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
RAINMAKER

Post by RAINMAKER »

The man had style, wit, and was the most likable bloke you could meet. When I think of vtr1000.org I think of Marty and always will. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
it may be clever, but its not big.