lidsdirect

Best deals in town
Miztaziggy

lidsdirect

Post by Miztaziggy »

Just wanted to say I ordered a helmet from them on Tuesday evening, and it arrived at 9am this morning. Top class service.

http://www.lidsdirect.co.uk/helmets/bra ... ha-10.html

The helmet was a HJC RPHA 10 plus.

I spent a couple of hours in the shop on Monday trying on everything they had. I had told the assistant I didn't really want to pay more than £200 for a helmet as I always drop and scratch them.
Nothing I tried was that comfortable really, until he jokingly said 'try this, though it's a little out of your price range' and handed me one of these HJC RPHA 10 plus, priced at £299 for the standard paint or £399 for the Carbon or race replica.
Straight away it felt a world apart from the others I tried. So comfortable and light.
I went back to buy a half decent Shark helmet for £199, and fortunately for me, they didn't have stock when I tried to buy it.

When I got home I googled around and found that the RPHA 10 plus has really, really good reviews and was available elsewhere for as little as £130 for a standard paint model, or £240 for the Carbon one.
They come with free clear and smoke visors, plus free pinlock insert which is good I think. Definitely looks and feels like a really top quality helmet, and by far the best helmet I have ever owned. Very happy with it for only £130 :D
eamonn

Re: lidsdirect

Post by eamonn »

SHARP ,,,independent safety testing of crash helmets, always worth a look sharp.direct.gov.uk/
StuartWags

Post by StuartWags »

I have the HJC PHA 10 Plus from lids direct. Sharpe rating 3. Like the weight, balance at speed, removable lining, venting and provision for glasses.

I thought it was very good value for the money

If the sharpe rating worries you the IS-17 is a 5. I may try one of them next time cos i like the sexy flip down sun screen
Miztaziggy

Post by Miztaziggy »

I tried the IS 17 and it was nowhere near as comfortable.

Also it doesnt include a free pin lock or visor IIRC.

The Sharp rating doesnt bother me too much.

The fact is, many of the dirt cheap helmets like Bell, Box, Kbc have 4 or 5 stars, while many Shoei and Arai helmets have 2, 3 or 4 stars. I dont think an expensive helmet necessarily means a safe helmet.

Eg the Shoei GT air at 499 has 3 stars, along with Shoei XR 1000. Arai Condor has 2 stars, and nearly all the others have 3 stars.
On the other hand, Bell has 1 helmet with 3 stars and ALL their other models have full 5 stars.

Do you get what you pay for? Not with safety it seems.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

I have the is17 and mine came with free pin lock and drop down sun shades .
It's got a 5* rating too and all for £150 .
Noisy tho but very comfortable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk