Show us your CANS

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
Shauned71

Re: Show us your CANS

Post by Shauned71 »

Both sets of cans in need of some love... good polish for one set and a fresh coat of paint for the other

JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Just to bump this thread... how much of a pain in the elbow is installation of ‘upswept’ link pipes + cans?
Do you need to get original link pipes modified or are there purchasable ones out there?
Wanting to change my de-baffled standard silencers for something different. High level systems not off the table, all dependant on the same rate of moolah saving...
Any advice welcome. Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

I'd never seen this thread before; some great bikes on show.

I'm no authority on VTR pipes, but one of the guys posted this the other day: http://predatormotorsport.co.uk/Honda-v ... SKU176211/

As a straight swap over, I removed OEMs and replaced with Remus. Very simple task, but the link pipes and hangars were included in the purchase.
Attachments
200610 2.jpg
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

JazzmasterJ wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:02 pm Just to bump this thread... how much of a pain in the tonsils is installation of ‘upswept’ link pipes + cans?
Do you need to get original link pipes modified or are there purchasable ones out there?
Wanting to change my de-baffled standard silencers for something different. High level systems not off the table, all dependant on the same rate of moolah saving...

Do you mean wheelbarrow style high mounts or a change of angle?

If angled - search for Cybercarl's modded pipes - one side will rotate at the link pipe / header exit connection to whatever angle you want, but the other needs a custom adapter made up, and different hangers to suit.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

This picture from Jamoi’s post above is the ‘upswept’ look I was meaning that I like the look of. I’ll look into the link pipes you suggested thanks, although it sounds certainly a lot less like a ‘plug and play’ situation than a full high level system could be.
Do most systems come with hangers to suit, or do they mostly require fabrication? Cheers.

JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Wicky wrote:
JazzmasterJ wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:02 pm Just to bump this thread... how much of a pain in the tonsils is installation of ‘upswept’ link pipes + cans?

Do you mean wheelbarrow style high mounts or a change of angle?

If angled - search for Cybercarl's modded pipes - one side will rotate at the link pipe / header exit connection to whatever angle you want, but the other needs a custom adapter made up, and different hangers to suit.
I’ve just read this properly and it answers the last bit of my last post... thanks!!

MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

20200615_182625.jpg
Here's my shiny Leo Vinci pipe😎
Not So lean,Not so mean,Ex-Maroon Machine
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

JazzmasterJ wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:24 pm Image
This picture from Jamoi’s post above is the ‘upswept’ look I was meaning that I like the look of. I’ll look into the link pipes you suggested thanks, although it sounds certainly a lot less like a ‘plug and play’ situation than a full high level system could be.
Do most systems come with hangers to suit, or do they mostly require fabrication? Cheers.

Jamie's set up was custom - the hangers IIRC were fabricted to suit.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

MaroonMachine wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:43 pm 20200615_182625.jpgHere's my shiny Leo Vinci pipe😎
THAT is one special looking bike, with probably the most symmetrical tail pipe system available because of the way it tucks so neatly and follows the rear end contour.

Did you have top modify or relocate rear indicators?
AMCQ46

Post by AMCQ46 »

AMCQ46 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:15 pm hand built Ti ASBO race system
I might put these back on :D
AMcQ
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

MaroonMachine wrote:
20200615_182625.jpg
Here's my shiny Leo Vinci pipeImage
Wow Maroon that looks fantastic. Love the colour scheme too!

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Simple way is to make some plates that bolt onto the subframe these then alter the angle of the foot rest, which in turn alter the angel of the cans...

Yes the bike is in a state but it has 107000miles on it & spent a good few years living by the seaside & being ridden all year round, rain, shine & snow...

Blame Jonesy for that not me...
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

MacV2 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:25 pm . . . Yes the bike is in a state but it has 107000miles on it . . .
8O 8O 8O

Definitely testament to these bikes' longevity!
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

MacV2 wrote:

Simple way is to make some plates that bolt onto the subframe these then alter the angle of the foot rest, which in turn alter the angel of the cans...

Yes the bike is in a state but it has 107000miles on it & spent a good few years living by the seaside & being ridden all year round, rain, shine & snow...

Blame Jonesy for that not me...
That’s ingenious. Did you make those plates? So the check list for swoopy-up style would be:
1.ingenious plate
2. Link pipe which has been altered to new angle?
3. Nice set of cans

MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

JazzmasterJ wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:19 pm
That’s ingenious. Did you make those plates? So the check list for swoopy-up style would be:
1.ingenious plate
2. Link pipe which has been altered to new angle?
3. Nice set of cans

The plates were on the bike when i bought it...

As for...So the check list for swoopy-up style would be:

Not quite...

Wickysan has given you some misinformation re CyberCarls exhausts. He was fitting a set of cans from an SP1. On these the left hand link pipe is at a different angle where it joins the header...VTR is 90*, SP is more like 45*. Carl had to get a custom made bit of pipe & custom hangers to make it fit correctly.

So...

1.ingenious plate
2. 4 flat head bolts
3. Nice set of cans

Is all you need.

I gave the dimensions of said plate to Gabi81 of this here fine parish...If you ask him nicely he might make you a set, you'll then need to souce a set of 4 flat head bolts of some discription to mount the plates to the subframe so the hangers have clearance when fitted.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...