Show us your CANS

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
JazzmasterJ

Re: Show us your CANS

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Oh cool, that seems like quite a (relatively) inexpensive way of making a big difference to the storms looks. Once I’ve settled on the cans I find the most aesthetically pleasing I’ll definitely give Gabi81 a shout. Thanks!

On my searches I found a really tasty picture of a Yoshimura set of upswept which may have been originally designed for an SP1 and got all excited... then saw they’re around £900!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

JazzmasterJ wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:03 am . . . On my searches I found a really tasty picture of a Yoshimura set of upswept which may have been originally designed for an SP1 and got all excited... then saw they’re around £900!
Huh? So you have limits? :lol:
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

nigelrb wrote:
JazzmasterJ wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:03 am . . . On my searches I found a really tasty picture of a Yoshimura set of upswept which may have been originally designed for an SP1 and got all excited... then saw they’re around £900!
Huh? So you have limits? :lol:
Oh yes... although she doesn’t like being referred to that way.

nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

JazzmasterJ wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:01 am
Oh yes... although she doesn’t like being referred to that way.
:lol: :clap:
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

JazzmasterJ wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:03 am Oh cool, that seems like quite a (relatively) inexpensive way of making a big difference to the storms looks. Once I’ve settled on the cans I find the most aesthetically pleasing I’ll definitely give Gabi81 a shout. Thanks!

On my searches I found a really tasty picture of a Yoshimura set of upswept which may have been originally designed for an SP1 and got all excited... then saw they’re around £900!

What like these Moriwaki ones...

Although these are a full system headers, links & cans...Paid IIRC £350 or £400...It's not what you know, it's who you know... :wink:

I did have to buy the whole bike to get these ones...

Two Brothers Racing...full system...

Oh & these...

Yamamoto Spec-A

Plenty of sets of cans out there if you look in the right places...

http://noppin.com/portal_ya_lists/searc ... earch.y=13
Last edited by MacV2 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

MacV2 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:12 am

That might sound crazy to some, but I did the very same thing in buying a CBR954RR because it had an Erion Racing can on it that I wanted for my Erion 929!! The things we do!! :roll:
alanfjones1411

Post by alanfjones1411 »

nigelrb wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:41 pm
MacV2 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:12 am

That might sound crazy to some, but I did the very same thing in buying a CBR954RR because it had an Erion Racing can on it that I wanted for my Erion 929!! The things we do!! :roll:
Nice bike that Mac.Is that a Ducati 916/996 front end :D
SO WHEN DOES THIS OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER KICK IN
MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

nigelrb wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:24 pm
MaroonMachine wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:43 pm 20200615_182625.jpgHere's my shiny Leo Vinci pipe😎
THAT is one special looking bike, with probably the most symmetrical tail pipe system available because of the way it tucks so neatly and follows the rear end contour.

Did you have top modify or relocate rear indicators?
Thanks for the comments Nigel,the bike has built in Indicators in the tail light.
Not So lean,Not so mean,Ex-Maroon Machine
nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

MaroonMachine wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:56 pm ]Thanks for the comments Nigel,the bike has built in Indicators in the tail light.
Ta. You must have a good MoT guy then! (re minimum separation of indicators: " . . . Mandatory direction indicators must have minimum separation distances between the illuminating surfaces of: solo motorcycles - 240mm at the front and 180mm at the rear. . . ') :thumbup:
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

MacV2 wrote:
JazzmasterJ wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:03 am Oh cool, that seems like quite a (relatively) inexpensive way of making a big difference to the storms looks. Once I’ve settled on the cans I find the most aesthetically pleasing I’ll definitely give Gabi81 a shout. Thanks!

What like these Moriwaki ones...

Although these are a full system headers, links & cans...Paid IIRC £350 or £400...It's not what you know, it's who you know... :wink:

Two Brothers Racing...full system...

Oh & these...

Yamamoto Spec-A

Plenty of sets of cans out there if you look in the right places...

http://noppin.com/portal_ya_lists/searc ... earch.y=13
That’s quite the collection of cans! The Yamamoto pic angle looks to me what I’m after. I’ll peruse that link too - and practise my Katakana whilst I’m on!! Lots of goodies on that site

MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

JazzmasterJ wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:51 pm
MaroonMachine wrote:20200615_182625.jpgHere's my shiny Leo Vinci pipeImage
Wow Maroon that looks fantastic. Love the colour scheme too!

Thanks Jazzmaster,yes I'm quite pleased with the bike,very underated.
MaroonMachine

Post by MaroonMachine »

nigelrb wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:12 pm
MaroonMachine wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:56 pm ]Thanks for the comments Nigel,the bike has built in Indicators in the tail light.
Ta. You must have a good MoT guy then! (re minimum separation of indicators: " . . . Mandatory direction indicators must have minimum separation distances between the illuminating surfaces of: solo motorcycles - 240mm at the front and 180mm at the rear. . . ') :thumbup:
Just passed mot,this morning,obviously put original indicators on that(wink,wink!).And exhaust baffles.And full size number plate :mrgreen:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Latest incanation of mine with full Mori system.
If anyone’s interested I have a Yoshi header system I was in the process of fitting to mine when the Mori’s appeared.

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
JazzmasterJ

Post by JazzmasterJ »

Kev L wrote:Image

Latest incanation of mine with full Mori system.
If anyone’s interested I have a Yoshi header system I was in the process of fitting to mine when the Mori’s appeared.

That’s a really tidy storm Kev. I am interested but can’t figure out how to PM you... is it because I haven’t made enough posts yet?

nigelrb

Post by nigelrb »

JazzmasterJ wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:57 pm
That’s a really tidy storm Kev. I am interested but can’t figure out how to PM you... is it because I haven’t made enough posts yet?

Just click on his 'user name' and that will bring up his profile page. In the lower left side you will see a link to send private message. I don't think post count has any bearing on PMs. :thumbup: