A13 Lakside M25

Where are the boys in blue hiding??????
StormingHonda

A13 Lakside M25

Post by StormingHonda »

Just to make people aware, Thurrock have installed two sets of new rear facing average speed cameras on the A13.

One set is placed Just before the Lakeside fly over Just after the three into two lanes part and the other are near the M25 turn off just after the fly over on the A13 just before wennington Bridge where you can Purfleet or Averly/South Ockendon.

The speed is 50 mph.
Fireman on a Storm

Re: A13 Lakside M25

Post by Fireman on a Storm »

Bugger I thought that bit of the A13 was a 70 limit
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

I noticed the set on the A13 last week, utter gits making them rear facing, thank god the cameras at the central London end of the A13 are forward facing :biggrin
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
bald_pig

Post by bald_pig »

I'll add that there are now average speed cameras over the bridge and at either end of the tunnels now!

So far it looks like front facing over the bridge and on the approach to the tunnel, and rear facing on the entrance/exit of the tunnel.

No commute hoon for me anymore :'(
agentpineapple

Post by agentpineapple »

BOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HEY YOU GUYS!!!!!!
Wicky

Post by Wicky »

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me...

Speeding fines in England and Wales hit four-year high > http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30612570
The number of people fined by the courts for speeding offences in England and Wales has risen to its highest level since 2009.

More than 115,000 people were fined by magistrates last year, figures from the Ministry of Justice (MoJ) show.

AA president Edmund King said the rise reflected the fact that digital speed cameras were working 24 hours a day.

The Department for Transport said it was magistrates who decided when to impose fines.

The MoJ figures show 115,549 motorists were issued with fines of at least £100 in 2013.

South Wales saw one of the biggest increases, with the number of drivers fined tripling last year to 6,491, from 2,181 three years earlier.

One speed camera in Cardiff generated more than an estimated £800,000 of fines in six months.

The number of offenders fined grew over the same period by almost 1,000 in both South Yorkshire and Lincolnshire, and by close to 2,000 in Staffordshire.

London saw the most people fined last year, although the figure for the Metropolitan Police area fell to 7,736 - its lowest level in five years.

'Pot luck'
AA president Mr King told the Daily Telegraph that the increase "is a reflection that cameras are more efficient than ever".

"In the past, cameras in London would only take valid pictures for a quarter of a day and it was pot luck whether you are fined. The cameras are now working 24 hours a day."

A spokeswoman for the Department for Transport said: "Speeding can have devastating consequences and it's right that drivers should abide by the speed limit.

"These fines were issued at the discretion of the magistrates and show the number of fines issued is in decline across many police force areas."

Earlier this year it was announced the maximum fines imposed by magistrates for motorway speeding would rise from £2,500 to £10,000.
It may be that your whole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ImageVTR Firestorm and other bikes t-shirts
Ges

Post by Ges »

Thanks for the heads up