Myrear end is crap!

General Bike chat
WayneM

Myrear end is crap!

Post by WayneM »

Hi All

I've decided my indicators are spoiling the rear end of my bike.

I'm guessing my only option is to get some mini ones but whats the deal with the wattage/voltage/something? I remember reading somewhere that you have to get the right ones or the flash rate will be wrong.

Alternatively, any one got any better ideas. One idea I did have was to get a clear rear light lense, partition off the outside corners and then mount the indicator bulbs within the rear light. Only problem is Im crap at that sort of thing so Id no doubt fug it up!

Cheers
Wayne

BTW I've got high mount cans and an undertray so at the moment my indicators sit ontop of my cans.
firestorm_al
Site Admin

Post by firestorm_al »

Check out the following topic -

http://www.abercon.co.uk/vtr1000/phpBB2 ... indicators

They are the right wattage to no worries about flashing rates and the have the right connectors so will plug straight in. Only thing is that you'll probably have to take your tail bodywork off to get to the connectors on the main wiring loom.

Al.
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Wayne,

glad to hear your back on ya bike again, wots happening with me VTR then, I guess you decided not to have it cos ya never called me. As for ya rear end, if you use lower wattage bulbs then you need to add a resistor to each side to slow the flashing speed down to the normal rate.
See should have had mine, ain't got no indicators.

Del (bike forsale due to time waster :wink: )
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Hello fella,

I was beginning to wonder where you were! Hows the little one?

Still interested in the bike fella - I need to sort finances out first (after xmas) Im not sure what time scales we're talking about as the missus is talking about an extension to the house which will probably limit my spending to "bits"... I would say go ahead and advertise it as you were planning to originally, if I can sort sh1t out in time then Im a winner, if not then tough titty on me but you've made the deal as needed. Whats the latest on the Streetfighter shoot?

Cheers
delmeekc

Post by delmeekc »

Wayne,

been well busy with Taylor, in fact i'm trying to get him to sleep with my other hand at the moment. Cool cos i would rather sell it to you. I'm still waiting, now there's no suprise for the rad covers but everything else is finishedtotally as you wanted it. pop round one day for a brew etc and I'll show ya and ya can see me new baby too. i havn't even call the mag cos it aint finished and i might aswell wait until the summer. I was going (once finished) to give m&m a bell and see if they wanna do a feature too cos they have ahd some streetfighters on recently, and they were shite, bout time they had something different.

Del. (catch ya later) :lol:
twinbrd

Post by twinbrd »

I am new to the board, but have been reading some posts for a few weeks...found Daz on here and purchased the ART single can high mount system, looks GREAT!

With the new exhaust, I had to remove the stock signals in the rear as long as I was at it removed the front too. I mounted a set of the cat eyes, they look really good and they fit like a glove in the stock cut out. Have not mounted the rears, not at all sure what I want to do with those.
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Welcome aboard fella.

Got any piccies?

Cheers
Wayne
twinbrd

Post by twinbrd »

No Pics yet. I'll probably take some after I finish up the rear end. (then I will need to figure out how to post them) :)
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Email them to me if you like fella and I will host/post them for ya.

sunset_blonde@hotmail.com

cheers
Wayne
WayneM

Post by WayneM »

Ok fixed it!

I have discovered that half of the stem can happily be removed from the standard indicators! Result!

I'll get the digital camera back from the father in law and take a picture.

Cheers
Wayne
Phobia

Post by Phobia »

I got an undertray on to get rid of the awful mudgaurd and fitted 2 mini clear lense indicators. Cause I have high level pipes people don't always spot the indicators straight off.

Looks a lot neater than before. Will post pics in a day or two when I get them done.....
Who needs 4 cylinders when 2 sound this good... Image