What are HH pads like cold?

General Biker Banter
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

Reason for asking is I have a steep driveway. Not a problem untill now. My girl is showing interest on coming on the back so I will have extra weight to stop.

Bike has Goldfren race pads in at the moment which need some heat in them to work. Yes I know they are mud. I got sucked in by the Race part of there name.

So was thinking of running HH pads but wondered if they work ok from cold?
lloydie

Re: What are HH pads like cold?

Post by lloydie »

Ebc Hh are good cold and have a good bite .
But my suggestion is get on level ground first before loading up as this will give you a little time just to do safety checks in the breaks :thumbup:
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

lloydie wrote:Ebc Hh are good cold and have a good bite .
But my suggestion is get on level ground first before loading up as this will give you a little time just to do safety checks in the breaks :thumbup:
Well where the bike is level but the drive is steep just before the road. Rear brake will work better I guess.
Jscobey

Post by Jscobey »

lloydie wrote:Ebc Hh are good cold and have a good bite .

good call plus slow speed maneuvering is much harder with a passanger. but +1 on the EBC HH's. they are sort of the "industry standard" in pads. thats what everything else seems to be compared against. they work just as good cold as when hot. work great on track too
High Hindles.SP1frontend.SP2&900rrwheel.Ohlins.SAbrace&spools.AllBalls.jetkit.JE 11.5:1 Pistns.Stg 1 Cams. HPowerstacks.HRCthrtl.SSlines.RadMC.WveRtr.LtWtFlywhl.LEDtail.mosfet.MCCT.DePair.Tailtidy.DM rrsets.Lower.Carbonadis.hugger.sliders.
Virt

Post by Virt »

The goldfrens themselves aren't bad, just cheap. Ran them on the hornet and i managed to lift my rear wheel twice, brakes were cold both times :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
NZSpokes

Post by NZSpokes »

Virt wrote:The goldfrens themselves aren't bad, just cheap. Ran them on the hornet and i managed to lift my rear wheel twice, brakes were cold both times :lol:

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I dont mind them but they need some heat to bite.

I find on the track I dont use them much.