A few questions ?

General Bike chat
gas

A few questions ?

Post by gas »

I have just become the proud owner of a standard '99 Firestorm and i have a few questions.Be gentle with me!
Can you adjust the biting point of the clutch as its at the end of the lever travel ?
Any reccomendations for braided steel hoses for the front brakes ?
When i fit aftermarket exhausts do ineed to re-jet?
Exactly how bad is the fuel consumption !

Thanks in antipitation.
elmer fud

questions

Post by elmer fud »

Eyup,
Clutch - don't know
Braided hoses - try new brake fluid first, it works wonders!
Exhaust - I didn't re-jet for my Remus and it didn't make any difference
Fuel consumption - :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: if you haven't got a shell plus points card, go and get one NOW!!!!! (16 litre tank, average 90 miles to light)

Welcome and enjoy the site

Dave.
Take it to bits, put back together, nothing left in box...woohoo!
Stuart

Post by Stuart »

You can adjust the clutch, or so I believe. I haven't seen mybike in a bit over a wk. some git decided to stop acros my lqne and well i kinda had a little coming together with him. the lesson to be learned from this is dont ride in shorts and a tshirt. but the clutch adjustment should be like the one on the front brake. Simply have a little play wth it and set to your desired position. there is also a bleed nipple down by the casing. use it. just like bleeding brakes. nothing like fresh fluid.

I to have a 99 storm and i recommend getting the carby's jetted. a k&n or bmc air filter wouldn't go astray either. trust me on this one i now get around 190k's before the light comes on as opposed to 120.

have fun and stay shiny side up mate...
:twisted: :twisted: :D :D
blackstorm

Post by blackstorm »

Dont know about the clutch biting point. Microns and Acropovich exhausts dont have to be rejetted ( But there can be benefits to power delivery ) Goodrich hoses are a big improvement and tank range (not to be confused with fuel consumption) is shite!