What brand of bike do you dislike?

General Biker Banter
StormingHonda

What brand of bike do you dislike?

Post by StormingHonda »

Following up from the Harley burial thread I thought I would make a thread to warm it up a bit :twisted:

What brand of bike and/or rider annoys you or you dislike? and WHY.

I'll go first.

Reborn biker ( biker in very loose terms ).

Usually in mid 40's and upwards, hasn't ridden a motorcycle since passing his test in 1918, because he had children ( I got four but didnt sell my bikes ) and got married, thinks bikes of today aren't much different from the bantam he rode when he was younger.

Where can you see him? : Generally seen hanging around tea huts or dyno testing places. Alternative places to find him is crying by the side of the road holding bits of his bike, in the back of an amulance or hearse.

Clothing : Wears a one piece leather romper, highlighting his alliegance to a brand of motorcycle, which is the one hes riding ATM this could change in a few months time if yamasakihonuzuki releasee a faster plastic rocket.

riding style : Usually trying, and when I say trying I mean wobbling around corners and on and off movements of the throttle, riding the bike like a bus.

Dislikes : any weather other than hot and sunny, getting bike dirty, doing more than 1000 miles a year ( because it depreciates the bike ), phoning the insurance company YET AGAIN. Also dislikes riding on anyother day than Sunday.

Likes and interests : Any bolt on crap that makes the value of his bike soar ( in his mind ), standing around the tea hut boasting he has the latest model and showing everyone hes is the fastest one " cos the the dyno shows it ". When the dealer gets the latest Jap plastic rocket in, so he can get one over his mates.

Why do I dislike this type of rider?

The simple reason would have to be that back in the 90's we had the reborn biker craze, personally I don't actually dislike them, but it does wind me up because they were the reason why I had to sell my much loved CBR600, which was only two years old, but because these clowns kept crashing CBR600s as their first bikes ( took me 6 years to build up my insurance to get one ) my insurance doubled and I had to sell the bike.
lloydie

Re: What brand of bike do you dislike?

Post by lloydie »

Gixxer riders (sorry Seb) most are power hungry and can only ride in straight lines and has matching race suits and to be honest they act like nobs .
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

There's good ones and bad ones in every range, for example the drag bike that Harley make is ok.

As to riders, well, that's the same as saying left handed people are better, or a particular religion is better than another.

There's a few quick newbies, a few quick born agains, but mostly because they don't (yet) know how near the limits they are!

Some people are just more talented than others, and some practise until they are generally able, like me.

I often wonder if a lack of imagination has more to do with riding style than skill, as you don't think about the consequences much, if at all.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

tony.mon wrote:There's good ones and bad ones in every range, for example the drag bike that Harley make is ok.

As to riders, well, that's the same as saying left handed people are better, or a particular religion is better than another.

There's a few quick newbies, a few quick born agains, but mostly because they don't (yet) know how near the limits they are!

Some people are just more talented than others, and some practise until they are generally able, like me.

I often wonder if a lack of imagination has more to do with riding style than skill, as you don't think about the consequences much, if at all.
Its a tongue in cheek thread anyway, I decided to make it after a certain person kept slagging off Harleys and thought it would be a good idea, I think the fella just wants one and is a YMCA biker wanting to come out.

The last point you make is a good one, I used to tear about like a man possesed when I was younger, but having seen some accidents and having been in a few that honestly werent my own fault, I realise how quick it can go from being fun to coming close to death, and in some way these accients have held my riding back.

I get moanded at for slow riding in groups or not closing up the gaps, I've been in situations where close gaps have caused accidents and fast riding in groups has caused BIG accidents so I am quite wary of it, when I am by myself I am a different rider.
Tweety

Post by Tweety »

StormingHonda wrote:
tony.mon wrote:There's good ones and bad ones in every range, for example the drag bike that Harley make is ok.

Its a tongue in cheek thread anyway, I decided to make it after a certain person kept slagging off Harleys and thought it would be a good idea, I think the fella just wants one and is a YMCA biker wanting to come out.

The last point you make is a good one, I used to tear about like a man possesed when I was younger, but having seen some accidents and having been in a few that honestly werent my own fault, I realise how quick it can go from being fun to coming close to death, and in some way these accients have held my riding back.

I get moanded at for slow riding in groups or not closing up the gaps, I've been in situations where close gaps have caused accidents and fast riding in groups has caused BIG accidents so I am quite wary of it, when I am by myself I am a different rider.
I dunno... I'm blessed with a good enough imagination I think, but it hasn't stopped me yet... I think it's more a lack of common sense really...

I know for a damned fact that jumping out of perfectly working air planes, rock climbing, and generally driving anything on more than one wheel as close to the physical limit as I can push it, isn't a good way to increase the odds of survival... It hasn't slowed me down much the previous 35 years of my life, so I don't imagine it will the remaining ones...

I have however "grown up" so to speak with cars and bikes, doing the silly stuff on a closed road course, and taking it at a measured pace on public roads... Most mates that rib me for being slow in a group ride, change the tune once they encounter me on a track... Something about leaving paint streaks on their fairings... :wink: I dunno, but I was always taught that when you race, you race to win... And close is fine, just don't bump someone off... (at least not when someone else is looking... :think: )

My main gripe is the fact that the born again riders tend to think they are fast, or at least proficient riders... And I just keep watching them, hoping they won't run me into a ditch as they wobble around... I ride an older, "slow" bike according to their standards, but apart from straight line speed over more than a mile, the most of them haven't got a chance if I decide to loose them... And I consider myself barely below mediocre as a rider... The guys that taught me how to ride, still run rings around me on a track, on bikes half the power than mine...
Image <--- The result of OCMD... I gave up listing the mods in a sig line...
tattoo

Post by tattoo »

i dislike the bikers that want to race you when they come across you on the road,it doesn't matter what bike they are no either..i had one last year going to bridlington,he pulled alongside,looked,blipped the throttle,knocked it down one and floored it....couple of miles down the road he hit a lorry head on.

i'm no speed demon,i did all the racing i ever want to do back in my teens when i was young and stupid,all i want to do now is just potter about at my own pace,doing my own thing
mik_str

Post by mik_str »

I have no use for posers, be they squids or cruiser guys. Around here, most of said type ride Harleys and act as though their steed has given them a privileged relation with God and infused them with the Golden Truth on all things motorcycling. Now, not all Harley guys are that way and I have met a few over the years who are what I call "real" motorcyclists, but (around here) they are drowned out in a sea of middle-age crisis-afflicted posers (easily spotted by their obsession for wearing as many articles of Harley clothing as they can fit on their bodies, for example)..... Posers are conformists, and I HATE conformists (as close to useless as humans can get in my book) as they are weak and easily manipulated.... Just be yourself and like what you like; I like and respect people who are sincere and genuine... for good or bad.

Rant over :)

P.S. I don't truly dislike any bike, it's usually the owners whom I dislike. That aside, I find Hayabusas are un-Godly ugly......
Last edited by mik_str on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
99 VTR1000F Firestorm, a.k.a. The Carbon Express
simo

Post by simo »

Hay Balers. The ugliest bike on the road, not bothered about performance , enough in a Storm for me.
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

lloydie wrote:Gixxer riders (sorry Seb) most are power hungry and can only ride in straight lines and has matching race suits and to be honest they act like nobs .
:lol: :lol: :lol:
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

mik_str wrote:I find Hayabusas are un-Godly ugly......
+1 :sick: and most of the people who ride them irritate me!!

In my opinion of course, your experience may differ, batteries not included, baby forces sale etc etc
Jamie :wave:
chric

Post by chric »

Triumph purely just because of price on parts
Ill never be a sell out storm forever
adyf

Post by adyf »

Bmw riders they are all tossers ,pouncing about on there teutonic pile of crap that costs an arm and a leg ,it's the little 800,s that really get my blood boiling ,65 mpg what good is that?
Watty

Post by Watty »

adyf wrote:Bmw riders they are all tossers ,pouncing about on there teutonic pile of crap that costs an arm and a leg ,it's the little 800,s that really get my blood boiling ,65 mpg what good is that?
:wtf: lost your memory Ady :lol:
SH#T HAPPENS!!!!!!!!
StormingHonda

Post by StormingHonda »

adyf wrote:Bmw riders they are all tossers ,pouncing about on there teutonic pile of crap that costs an arm and a leg ,it's the little 800,s that really get my blood boiling ,65 mpg what good is that?
The BMW owners that crack me up are the ones who have been watching to much long way down/round and dress up in all the gear with the horrid luggage boxes.

When I was at a rally with my mate we saw two blokes on these BMs with all the gear on standing up on the pegs going across the field, infact no one else had to do it, the ground was solid and nice enough not to eject you from your seat.

My thoughts were FFS.
Pete.L
Forum Health And Safety Officer

Post by Pete.L »

tattoo wrote:i dislike the bikers that want to race you when they come across you on the road,it doesn't matter what bike they are no either..i had one last year going to bridlington,he pulled alongside,looked,blipped the throttle,knocked it down one and floored it....couple of miles down the road he hit a lorry head on.
I think you can safely say you won that one then 8O

Personally, I'm more of a moped hater in general than any particular make.
With their tiny wheels, crap suspension and brakes and then we insist on putting our most vulnerable on them and shove them out onto the busy streets.Don't get me wrong,I'm all for Darwin's theory and I often thank Gawd for some of the idiots I see on the roads because that will increase the odds of me surviving, but those contraptions are just dangerous :Argue 1:

Pete.l
My new ride is a bit of a Howler and I love to make her Squeal