Jamoi's Storm

Show off your bike, modifications or projects and share them with the world.
freeridenick

Re: Jamoi's Storm

Post by freeridenick »

What battery and reg reg did you fit? I noticed the lithium battery in the mods list so I'm looking to copy.
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Thanks for all your comments guys, the bike is now mot'd and have been for a good blast on it! I love it all over again. Looking forward to meeting up with some of you guys this year.
Jamie :wave:
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

freeridenick wrote:What battery and reg reg did you fit? I noticed the lithium battery in the mods list so I'm looking to copy.
Hey Nick, a few years ago I replaced my burnt out OEM reg/rec with a Mosfet Yamaha (R1 I think). There should be plenty of info on the forum about the best reg/rec options (they may have advanced since I did mine). With the lack of air flow in the seat unit, I installed a computer fan which sits directly on top of the reg/rec and is wired into an Eastern beaver fused wiring center. Although this particular reg/reg doesn't seem to get hot.

The lithium battery is one I had in the RC8R, so it is specced for that - Shido LTZ14s. I'm not sure if it'll fit in the standard Storm battery box, but obviously for my application that didn't matter. It has never needed charging and has been going strong for 3 years. It certainly has a lot more cranking power than the gel Motobat it replaced!
Jamie :wave: