Front Head Removal

Need advice on which oil to use or which tyre best suits you? Share your topic and get help here.
VTRDark

Re: Front Head Removal

Post by VTRDark »

Nice neat job. I thought you had done this weeks ago. Are they spring washers and don't forget a bit of copper slip on them threads when re-assembling. :thumbup:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
darkember

Post by darkember »

cybercarl wrote:Nice neat job. I thought you had done this weeks ago. Are they spring washers and don't forget a bit of copper slip on them threads when re-assembling. :thumbup:

Would spring washers be advisable?? & yes copper slip will be used. :thumbup:
lloydie

Post by lloydie »

Woho won't be long before you have it up and running again
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

I would use spring washers it can't do any harm. There is a lot of vibration down there with all the bumps in the road etc they will help keep the nuts from working loose, especially with a bit of copper slip so they don't seize themselves on.

==============================Enter the Darkside
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

Dome nuts protect the thread from all the road crap coming off the front tyre.
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
northmanuk

Post by northmanuk »

i had a snapped stud i tried every thing and eventually fkcude the cylinder head but solved it by bolting a metal plate from the threaded hole above the exhaust p[ort were the frame mount bolts then goes to rad and fairing to the metal plate on the exhaust pipe then tightened the other side
exhaust nut dow it worked a treat :D Alas when i started to prepare to fit manual tensioners, I looked at the spare head sitting on my bench it hat two studs in it and i felt GUILTY WITH MY BODGE what if some one looked at it so saying as cams were to be changed i was so close to removal so ithought
sod it i have made it so far with my wrecked hands and shakes its took a long time,i have tried to read things but got muxed up so i just went for it

can i put it back together i doubt it but i can ask questions also would like to say to shaun thank you for help and support

so as they say w2atch this space
happy new year to all
from your local messed up biker 5 fingers rule and my head is fun to be in ha ha ha :D

cheers laW
WALES (im English or was35yr ago i give up maths to hard to find exaCT NUMBER HAHA HA)
hey mister does pi--ing on the lemon tree make em grow better

no kid but it sure makes your ma mad (fastest indian) :crazy:
i always wanted to ride a v twin now i got one i still cant :D
mjvw

Post by mjvw »

Happy New Year :D
Storming About :thumbup: