leevtr

Blue sidelight bulb ??

Post by leevtr »

Where's the best place for them chaps ?
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
Virt

Re: Blue sidelight bulb ??

Post by Virt »

I have one from halfords. Think it's by PRISM or something? Tenner for a pack of two, but they're really bright. Work wonders, have them on all our bikes :lol:
Slowly approaching the more bikes than birthdays achievement
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

On the shelf.

Will fail your MOT and get you pulled if the wrong copper sees you.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
simo

Post by simo »

mattycoops43 wrote:On the shelf.

Will fail your MOT and get you pulled if the wrong copper sees you.
+1 although it's not illegal to fit additional lights with blue bulbs.
Theres A Hare in The Turnips.
ging500

Post by ging500 »

Also it really annoying to be in fro t of some with blue lights as you think the old bill are behind you.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

ging500 wrote:Also it really annoying to be in fro t of some with blue lights as you think the old bill are behind you.
Anyone stupid enough to see a little blue light on a bright yellow sportsbike and thinks its old bill, deserves everything they get.

My only aim is to make the fcukers look twice....at least theyre less likely to pull out or cut you up, and theres nowt more gets your attention than a blue light.

I do agree on the getting nicked bit though. But nearly all of us a running loud cans but we dont worry about that.
mattycoops43

Post by mattycoops43 »

Not saying you shouldn't, but people do spout some rubbish about the law, just to clarify, it is illegal to show anything other than white from the front in this country. I don't know how the trucks get away with it showing blazing bright multi colours from the back of the cab.
Budget storm gradually on the road to spangliness.
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

don't know how the trucks get away with it showing blazing bright multi colours from the back of the cab.
:lol: :lol: They look like they have come out of Pakistan some of them. :lol:

An d yep your right on the legality but there's Blue and then there's Blue a bit like Teal really.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
ging500

Post by ging500 »

leevtr wrote:
ging500 wrote:Also it really annoying to be in fro t of some with blue lights as you think the old bill are behind you.
Anyone stupid enough to see a little blue light on a bright yellow sportsbike and thinks its old bill, deserves everything they get.

My only aim is to make the fcukers look twice....at least theyre less likely to pull out or cut you up, and theres nowt more gets your attention than a blue light.

I do agree on the getting nicked bit though. But nearly all of us a running loud cans but we dont worry about that.
The confusion is easy when its pitch dark. As you say, certainly makes you give a second take.
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

ging500 wrote:
leevtr wrote:

The confusion is easy when its pitch dark. As you say, certainly makes you give a second take.
Yep, and the more chance of being spotted the better as far as I'm concerned. Screw the law, no good being law abiding six feet under is it :lol:
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

no good being law abiding six feet under is it :lol:
That depends... you don't want to get on the wrong side of the grave next door.

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-W5W-T10-5 ... 256a83d287

I bought some H4 bulbs off this guy & they came with 2x sidelights as well. Very bright ! these are just the bulbs 5W but if you look around in his shop I think they do higher wattages as well.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...