Fast Bike November Issue

General Bike chat
Dimdunc

Fast Bike November Issue

Post by Dimdunc »

5 page article on the FireStorm in this months Fast Bike, not a lot of info on the bike.
Does say that the Storms are still very popular and have a great cult following, even mentions this site :thumbup:

Still we'll worth the read.

Ta ta the Noo :beer:
tony.mon

Re: Fast Bike November Issue

Post by tony.mon »

Not a bad article.
They seem to think they come with petal discs on the front though, and mention the starter motor as being a weak point- it's the lead, not the motor itself, but hopefully that will drive up the price of starter motors as I have one to sell :lol:

They say that the front exhaust system rusts through- never seen one rusting through yet, so that's a bit of a mystery......And they make a very derogatory comment about high level exhausts.....
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
macdee

Post by macdee »

tony.mon wrote: They say that the front exhaust system rusts through- never seen one rusting through yet, so that's a bit of a mystery......And they make a very derogatory comment about high level exhausts.....
bartards :roll:
told you not to but oh no you knew better
Stratman

Post by Stratman »

But we all know that the twonks who "write" for these mags believe that the only way to go fast is on a Gixxer Thou wearing white boots and knee down.
Two bikes, still only four cylinders!

popkat

Post by popkat »

With the exception of a few we're all a bit older on here ( I hesitate to use the term mature :lol: ) Fast Berks is a mag for kids, always has been and on the odd occasion I've flicked through it I've never believed anything they say. I'd much rather read a mag with informative tests and articles. A lot of the journo's on the better mags are middle aged now but they speak more sense and truth, infact the ones who have been around along time always did.

Bike and performance bikes are my preferred read, they do tend to be mostly accurate and correct, Practical sportbike is good too, they have a real passion for what they're doing.
http://www.bidefordmotorcycles.co.uk
2014 CRMC Post classic Superbike champion.
2014 CRMC Post classic senior production champion. On a Suzuki Katana 1100
My bikes, Firestorm, Suzuki GSX-s1000 Katana, VFR800Fi. Projects, 1986 popup Katana, 3 XJ600’s
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

I bought Bike from it's first issue and subscribed from about 15 yrs ago but gave up on it this year as it's too focused on new bikes and speeds etc. I used to get PB regularly back in the 80's-90's but got bored with the same ol same ol. I think it lost it's way after John Robinson sadly left us and Rupert Paul went to other publications. Simon Hargreaves gets on my thrupenny bits whoever he writes for.
Fast Bikes instigator Colin Schiller, always had an agenda with his publication and I never found it entertaining.
I enjoy Practical Sportsbikes and Classic Motorcycle Mechanics for their hands on articles and also paying attention to the bikes I enjoy rather than the latest hot poop tackle which makes no senser unless you are travelling at speeds which will lose you your licence or life.
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
MacV2

Post by MacV2 »

Kev L wrote:I bought Bike from it's first issue and subscribed from about 15 yrs ago but gave up on it this year as it's too focused on new bikes and speeds etc. I used to get PB regularly back in the 80's-90's but got bored with the same ol same ol. I think it lost it's way after John Robinson sadly left us and Rupert Paul went to other publications. Simon Hargreaves gets on my thrupenny bits whoever he writes for.
Fast Bikes instigator Colin Schiller, always had an agenda with his publication and I never found it entertaining.
I enjoy Zimmer Monthly, Mobility Scooter Review, What Carpet Slipper & Colostomy News for their hands on articles and also paying attention to the things I enjoy or rather the only things left in life for me that I don't need help with.Hot poop being one of them. Lets face it anything above 3mph now is scary that's why I got a blue Storm.
Making up since 2007, sometimes it's true...Honest...
tony.mon

Post by tony.mon »

MacV2 wrote:
Kev L wrote:I bought Bike from it's first issue and subscribed from about 15 yrs ago but gave up on it this year as it's too focused on new bikes and speeds etc. I used to get PB regularly back in the 80's-90's but got bored with the same ol same ol. I think it lost it's way after John Robinson sadly left us and Rupert Paul went to other publications. Simon Hargreaves gets on my thrupenny bits whoever he writes for.
I enjoy Zimmer Monthly, Mobility Scooter Review, What Carpet Slipper & Colostomy News for their hands on articles and also paying attention to the things I enjoy or rather the only things left in life for me that I don't need help with.Hot poop being one of them. Lets face it anything above 3mph now is scary that's why I got a blue Storm.
Harsh but blue. :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's not falling off, it's an upgrade opportunity.
turbo_billy

Post by turbo_billy »

Kev L wrote:I enjoy Practical Sportsbikes and Classic Motorcycle Mechanics for their hands on articles and also paying attention to the bikes I enjoy rather than the latest hot poop tackle which makes no senser unless you are travelling at speeds which will lose you your licence or life.
+1 on the above :thumbup:
Kev L

Post by Kev L »

Mac I was hoping the introduction of parts from another human might have improved the original however it would appear no such luck. Still at least it's the nearest thing you'll get to another person choking the chicken for ya, ya fracking kent!!!!! xxxx :lol:
Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
F3, 954 USD front, K Tech springs, Braced swinger, Penske shock, Six spoke Mockesini wheels, Harris rearsets, QaT, Flywheel diet!, A&L stacks, stick coils, K&N, FP Ti jets, lashings of Ti & CF
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

So what did they say about high rise pipes then?

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
leevtr

Post by leevtr »

Something about them looking like they should be on a double glazed pebbledashed council house I think.
" It was 2 minutes 5 minutes ago "
VTRDark

Post by VTRDark »

Did they call them chimneys then. :lol:

(:-})
==============================Enter the Darkside
koko

Post by koko »

Yeh an ok article,but could have been better. I prefer Practical Sportbikes.
NOT SO MEAN,NOT SO LEAN,EX-MAROON MACHINE!
Jamoi

Post by Jamoi »

Darn it! I just picked up a copy of FastBikes but I should have known my local shop is lazy and therefore still selling the Oct issue... now I'm stuck with a magazine I don't particularly like & I'll have to go out and get the Nov issue to read this review! :lol:

Practical Sportsbikes :thumbup: :)
Jamie :wave: